By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - my ps3 has died

SolidSnitch said:
Just wondering, if it dies how do you keep your downloads and all, on the 360 we just keep the HD on it as it detach from the top but the PS3 isn't it internal ?

You take an external laptop HDD or thumb drive, insert it in the USB drive, use the back up option in settings, save any saved games you want, and save any downloads you want to keep. Then when you get a new HDD or reformatted HDD, you just copy everything over.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Turned White???

Um... you can give it 2 days and leave it off. Then try to turn it on and see........
I think it's best to just give SCE a call.

i thought the same thing

I think that is the HDD stopped being read from error, so it might not be the actual PS3 it might just be the HDD or it just over heated.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

^Whats the error code? Check here for list http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=55628

PS3 dead? I smell something fishy....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

If PS3s didn't die then Gamestop wouldn't be able to sell refurbished units right?

Tease.

Consoles other than the 360 break?

try taking out the hard drive and start up the system.....

You'll probably have to call Sony. Sorry mate...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

about 3% failure rate for PS3 which is realy very good

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks