By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Exclusives:HD Console Graphics.

FFXIII comparisons are flawed becuz they are all built on the ps3 hardware then being ported to 360 later so your comparing ps3 gfx to itself

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
FFXIII comparisons are flawed becuz they are all built on the ps3 hardware then being ported to 360 later so your comparing ps3 gfx to itself

I know that, I know exactly what I did.

The purpose of that one was to compare MultiPlat against Exclusive graphics which some don't believe that Exclusive game's graphics are better for numerous reasons.

Look at the Assassin's Creed, MGS4, and Velvet Assassin one as well. It is the same kind of situation.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

why dont you compare say

Star Ocean with Final Fantasy Versus 13

obieslut said:
why dont you compare say

Star Ocean with Final Fantasy Versus 13

I would seeing as they are in the same genre, but that would just seem a bit un fair. There artistic directions are so different seeing as Star Ocean retains it's Anime roots while Versus is much more photo realistic, with a hint of anime hair and eyes.

Greatness Awaits

Infinite Undiscovery vs White Knight Chronicles

Around the Network

@ Deneidez

(How about these? Right click + view for bigger pics. I still think that this is a very bad idea. :) , btw you shouldn't compare games that haven't been released yet. This & this tells you why you shouldn't do it. And rest of them.)

Resistance: Fall of Man

Resistance: Fall of Man was a launch game without texture streaming (all data except for audio streaming was all in memory at once per level), Gears did include texture streaming (and very noticeable texture pop-ins like Mass Effect and most other Unreal engine based games). Screenshots don't tell the whole story, Ratchet and Uncharted include texture streaming with far less noticeable texture pop-ins.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Deneidez said:

(How about these? Right click + view for bigger pics. I still think that this is a very bad idea. :) , btw you shouldn't compare games that haven't been released yet. This & this tells you why you shouldn't do it. And rest of them.)

Resistance: Fall of Man

Gears of War

That's not a good comparison because GOW came out a year after it's console launched and R:FOM was a launch title. (meaning the devs for GOw had a year to get used to the HW that the RFOM devs didn;t) Unfortunately (or not), there aren't any "dark FPSs" that released for the PS3 in late 07.

And lol @ those getaway shots......

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

@ Deneidez

The thing is you can't really compare different games. For example how much stuff theres flying in GT5 prologue when cars crash? :)

(I haven't played Forza 2, but I have played GT5P.)

The full version of GT5 will have such according to the devs, they just need some time to get this up to the level of realism to go with the core game.

For a less realistic approach, look at the impressive Motorstorm 2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38840.html

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

UPDATE: added...
White Knight Chronicles vs. Star Ocean 4

Greatness Awaits

@Thread

As I thought, you will not list comparations that will be 'negative' towards PS3. Resistance and GoW was released about the same time and they are nearly similar games. However you cannot really compare those either.

@MikeB

MikeB said:
@ Deneidez

The thing is you can't really compare different games. For example how much stuff theres flying in GT5 prologue when cars crash? :)

(I haven't played Forza 2, but I have played GT5P.)

The full version of GT5 will have such according to the devs, they just need some time to get this up to the level of realism to go with the core game.

Will have =! does have... And what kind of dmg simulation they will have. According to devs(before) it was going to be something HUGE!!(They did show stuff about real crashes & stuff and sony fan crowd just gone wild.)... And I think they say now that it will be something simple.

For a less realistic approach, look at the impressive Motorstorm 2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38840.html

Whats with you ppl? Why you bring up games that haven't been even released? A lot of cgi movies and stuff, but no real games. I think youre funney, don't you?(And somewhat sad & pathetic... :/)

"Yeah, X360 have game like that, but look at this game for PS3, doesn't it look incredible. Oh and btw its coming 2012."