By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Exclusives:HD Console Graphics.

colonelstubbs said:
@ OP

Why leave out MGS4? That has graphics that blow many other games out of the water

I only left it out becuase the 360 has yet to develop a game with a similar art style or genre (to my knowledge at least) so I did not know what to compare it too. MGS4 is a beautiful game graphically and technically and it outshines many things out today. When you add in its technical prowess It would be unfair to judge other games by it's standards ;)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
colonelstubbs said:
@ OP

Why leave out MGS4? That has graphics that blow many other games out of the water

I only left it out becuase the 360 has yet to develop a game with a similar art style or genre (to my knowledge at least) so I did not know what to compare it too. MGS4 is a beautiful game graphically and technically and it outshines many things out today. When you add in its technical prowess It would be unfair to judge other games by it's standards ;)

Yet, somehow Gears and Uncharted are very comparable...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Soriku said:

@forever

1. They said the PS3 version would go as planned, ie. no downgrades. Don't know why you don't understand.

2. Trust me...Versus always looked better than FF XIII. Though the first in-game Versus shots were kinda low quality.

3. So in the time of production the graphics got WORSE in 3 years? lol.

4. You have no proof Gears is the pinnacle of the 360's power. Until you do...moot point.

1.  They lie.  Companies do it all the time.  Its a way they save face.  Everyone from journalists from 1up to forum members on Neogaf to people here becried the same moan.  The game will NOT take advantage of either system in an effort to make them look the same.

2. Agreed.

3. The game was all pre rendered, and the first in game is what you saw now.

4. Most people say that since Gears 2 uses lower poly count enemies, with the same A.I. in all of them.  If you don't believe me, I can link you to a 30 minute press conference video power point presentation at Leipzig with Epic.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

flames_of said:

If you've played Uncharted, and you've seen the HUGE environments, the insane amount of things going on at one time, the absolutely crazy physics, environmental reactions, character animations, high poly textures, than you wouldn't say that.

Gears doesn't stand up in the face of Uncharted.  Thats a myth.

HOWEVER

IF you were to argue art, than I couldn't say shit.

Why not compare Gran Turismo 5 prologue to...whatever the 360 flagship racer is.

Im sure that will end well

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Why not compare Gran Turismo 5 prologue to...whatever the 360 flagship racer is.

Im sure that will end well

Here's another awesome fact-

Ratchet runs at 60 FPS.

GT5: Prologue runs at 1080p and 60fps

talkingparrot said:
flames_of said:

If you've played Uncharted, and you've seen the HUGE environments, the insane amount of things going on at one time, the absolutely crazy physics, environmental reactions, character animations, high poly textures, than you wouldn't say that.

Gears doesn't stand up in the face of Uncharted.  Thats a myth.

HOWEVER

IF you were to argue art, than I couldn't say shit.

The earlier post talked about genre and art style preventing a MGS4 and 360 title comparision.
How are Uncharted and Gears similar in that aspect?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

@soriku,

Any console can be pushed further. However, this is the third year of the 360, and we've yet to see any giant leaps in graphics from Gears 1.  IF you listen to the Lepzieg Epic powerpoint presentation, alot of Gears 2 is more color, and better art direction.  There are alot of tricks to give the illusion that the game looks better, but it doesn't do anything like Uncharted still.  That game is a beast, but it was also expensive as hell.  Thats the thing with PS3, not only is it expensive for consumers but developers as well.  However, the rewards are in the spades.

This is the second year of the PS3, and you've already seen Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted. Not to mention GT5, and Ratchet.

Soriku said:

@forever

1. They said the PS3 version would go as planned, ie. no downgrades. Don't know why you don't understand.

Thats completely contradictory to what they said in the conference after FFXIII's showing in 360's court. The pictures prove this as well. Why cant you actually look at the evidence instead of going on what they said?

2. Trust me...Versus always looked better than FF XIII. Though the first in-game Versus shots were kinda low quality.

I dont know about you, but I am an artist,an artist who prides himself on his idolization of tetsuya nomura's style. Both games are using his artwork and concepts so they hold the same artistic direction. They only display different areas. They held most of the same team as they frequently crossed paths as stated in countless articles. These games could not be more artistically similar. The models were identical in quality in almost everyway, slight advantage to Versus. Now the advantage goes hands down to Versus, what has changed? Versus didnt get better, XIII got worse.

3. So in the time of production the graphics got WORSE in 3 years? lol.

Yes, that IS the issue after all. Your statements dont prove much against the claim though.

4. You have no proof Gears is the pinnacle of the 360's power. Until you do...moot point.

Unless you have a game that is on the 360 and shows better said graphics then Gears, it is kinda of redundent for you to dispute my claim. If you have a game that is more graphically superior then Gears then pls tell me...

over and out.........

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

When Gran Turismo 5 proper comes out, all of these graphical debates will be rendered meaningless by the...rendering of the graphics in that game.

Thats right, i came out and said it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot