By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Official Perfect 10 List

What games were 10/10 for you?  It doesn't matter what others think, just what you think were perfect games.

I'll go first

Legend of Zelda (Original)

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Final Fantasy IV DS Version (Yes, I like it better than the original by a hair)

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy IX

Chrono Trigger

Half Life 2 (PC)

Metal Gear Solid 4

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

There are no perfect games.

KOTOR
MGS
MGS2
MGS4
Dreamfall
God of War
God of War 2
Shadow of Colossus
Warcraft3
GTA:San Andreas

Metal Gear Solid
Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VI
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics
Resident Evil 4(recently upped from 9.5)
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Brothers
Symphony of the Night
The Orange Box
Elite Beat Agents
Diablo II
Warcraft III
Fallout II
Call of Duty 4

Braid, Bioshock, Tekken Tag, and Chrono Trigger all come close. I chose FFTactics over Radiant Dawn just to be PC, and I chose FFVIII because everyone gets one fanboy pick(and because I think it's best in the series and most underrated but that's another argument). I also left out X and XII so my list would keep credibility, along with many other great games that are seconds and thirds in series. I kept Gears off the list because RE4 exists, and Halo/Counterstrike off the list because CoD 4 is better, but portal/HL2 combo pwns em both. IMO, Soulcalibur, KoToR, and Metroid Prime would be over-rated at 10/10, and so would GTAIII. Elite Beat Agents is probably questionable to many, but I stand by it. It stands out as possibly the most sheer fun I've ever had with a game.

I believe all of these games will stand up to the test of time, and are destined to become classics. I can't add Bioshock simply because I feel the game is just short of perfection, however, I certainly also believe that it is destined to become a great classic.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

After the first 3 Post Portal wasn't listed? I'm dissapointed.

It should have been the first word in the thread.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:

After the first 3 Post Portal wasn't listed? I'm dissapointed.

It should have been the first word in the thread.

I said The Orange Box, because that is actually the first way the game was avaiable to home consoles. So, I considered it one game. That being the case, The Orange Box is one of the few games I can easily consider a perfect 10 in quality and quantity.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Mistershine said:
There are no perfect games.

A perfect score doesn't mean a perfect game, imo. It means being lightyears ahead of other games from the same time period.

Super Mario Brothers is still a lot of fun, and very well designed. It is a perfect 10, though obviously it has been surpassed in a lot of ways....but as a 2d platformer, it's still at the top of its genre. If it deserves anything less than a 10, I wouldn't be the reviewer to give it. What should we rank it? A 9.9, just to satisfy a princible. Certainly I'm not for handing out 10's like candy. However, I think misconstruing them as meaning a game is "perfect" is unreasonable.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I have alot of games that are 9.9, but I believe a 10 means that I will be so satisfied by the experience that I'll never feel an urge to play another game in the genre again. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to be that good.

Seems like a hard target to get, but if we start dolling out 10/10 for everything, does that mean all of those games are on the same level?

Shenmue
Streets of rage 2
Guardian heroes
Resident evil 2 & 4
Need for speed: Hot pursuit 2
Hitman 2: Silent assassin
Fighters megamix
Outrun (1986 version)
Super mario world
Gears of war
Sonic CD
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Virtua tennis 3 (xbox 360 version due to online multiplayer)
Rez
Killer instinct
Street fighter alpha
Mortal kombat 3
Duke nukem 3D (welcome to xbox live arcade Duke)
Metal gear solid 1
Devil may cry 1
Onimusha 2
Ridge racer 6
Dead rising
Ninja gaiden
Dino crisis 2
Virtua fighter 5 (also due to xbox 360 version having online multiplayer)
Grand theft auto: Vice city (Still the funniest, most compelling and best GTA yet)

Many more i suppose but they are the highlights..............................

Ocarina, Elite beat agents, Paper Mario, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Animal Crossing, Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga are all the games which quite often I still play even though I finished it.