By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Iconic Gaming Figures [PC Edition]

vlad321 said:
Wow, I have never even played some of these games, though i have just about most of them. The Sims chars shouldn't be icons imo nor any of the guys from SHMUPGurus and Lolcislaw.

Tyrael
Jim Raynor
Tassadar
G-Man

Wow, I've cried a little on the inside... You have not played any Wing Commander game before?

These PC games existed for almost 15 years dude, I might be too old or something. o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Age of empires series (age of mythology included), Battlefield series, Total War series.....

but honestly, the PC is such a hard system for there to be any iconic gaming figures in it. There have been so many!

But for now, Gordon Freeman...

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Damn everyone got the good Starcraft characters, but still the Marine and SCV are both very Iconic even though they're like the Kenny (always dying) of PC games.

For that matter the Zerglings and Zealots are too.

Basically if you list every Valve/Blizzard main character you will have most of PCs iconic figures.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Gordon Freeman and/or Duke Nukem.

vlad321 said:
NintendoTogepi said:
vlad321 said:
Wow, I have never even played some of these games, though i have just about most of them. The Sims chars shouldn't be icons imo nor any of the guys from SHMUPGurus and Lolcislaw.

Tyrael
Jim Raynor
Tassadar
G-Man

Two of the most obvious Maxis-made characters in the best selling PC game series of all time? Why not? They're probably way more well known then most of the people here.

I've had the Sims for the longest time and I have never even heard of them up until a few months ago from a similar conversation with friend. Just because a game is selling millions and what not does not make the characters in it iconic in any way.

Strange you are indeed, anytime I've talked to anyone who has ever played The Sims 1, they always mention the Goth family as one of their favorites. And most people I've met who played The Sims 2 quite like the Goth Family as well.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network
NintendoTogepi said:
vlad321 said:
NintendoTogepi said:
vlad321 said:

Tyrael
Jim Raynor
Tassadar
G-Man

Two of the most obvious Maxis-made characters in the best selling PC game series of all time? Why not? They're probably way more well known then most of the people here.

I've had the Sims for the longest time and I have never even heard of them up until a few months ago from a similar conversation with friend. Just because a game is selling millions and what not does not make the characters in it iconic in any way.

Strange you are indeed, anytime I've talked to anyone who has ever played The Sims 1, they always mention the Goth family as one of their favorites. And most people I've met who played The Sims 2 quite like the Goth Family as well.

Once I burned down the goth house.

Good times.

Monty :D

Kurt

Twinsen

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

^

Kurt

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

SHMUPGurus said:
vlad321 said:

Tyrael
Jim Raynor
Tassadar
G-Man

Wow, I've cried a little on the inside... You have not played any Wing Commander game before?

These PC games existed for almost 15 years dude, I might be too old or something. o_o

I loved wing commander actually, nothing like taking out a Vampire out in prophecy and kicking some serious ass. That doesn't mean the characters in them are anything memorable though. I can't even tell you the names of a single character in any of the games in that series right now.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835