By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: So who will buy a PS3 at the new pricepoint?

I have wii and a 360 at the moment, im not interested in getting a new console, for the moment. Maybe in a distant future ill consider getting one though

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life´s problems

SSBB Event Match Records!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUd0Q6nejQ <-- Me beating Through the fire and flames on expert!

Brawl FC: 2750-6853-5077

Currently Ranked  #3 on the smash bros league.

http://nsider2.com/forums/signature/ssbb/img/WaSuMaRa.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

http://thebrawl.net/signaturegenerator/metaknight/WaSuMaRa/5370-0082-7840/donkeykong/link/image.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

I have none of the 'new' generation systems today and will not get the PS3 or Xbox 360 this year. I'm holding out for a black Wii that will hopefully ship in time for the holidays.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

akuma587 said:
Just to remind everyone...there have been NO plans WHATSOEVER to change RE5 to accommodate for the Wii. I honestly don't think with the direction that the series is going that they would not push the envelope with every thing the more powerful systems could do. Otherwise it would be a huge letdown to the fans. I mean, following up RE4 is a big responsibility, one Capcom and the devs might not be willing to sacrifice the quality of their game for.

Well they could make a RE4 x 2 in graphics for Wii and with the same controllers as the Wiimake that got pretty good reviews. Graphics is not equal to quality. Of course we don't know how many zombies they want to have on the screen in during the same time.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Poor Sony ,they are dropping the price of the console and all the Sony haters keep saying they wont buy the console ,that it hasnt games ,that it is a BR player ,too expensive ,that sony killed the mother of Bambi and the usual stuff .....

Diomedes1976 said:
Poor Sony ,they are dropping the price of the console and all the Sony haters keep saying they wont buy the console ,that it hasnt games ,that it is a BR player ,too expensive ,that sony killed the mother of Bambi and the usual stuff .....

Well that was a constructive and non-biased testimony.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:

No, we're just saying the price drop is absolutely meaningless, and all our many, many reasons for disliking Sony are still extremely valid. At $500 the PS3 would still be the most expensive console on the market, and much pricier than any succesful console has ever been. On top of that, we don't even know for sure if the price drop is around the corner or not.

If you truly believe those are the reasons Sony is unpopular nowadays, then you really should start listening to what people say. -_-

nope. $500 for something i dont need (no games i want yet) is waste of money. i can wait till something comes out. $400 is my number with FF13, FF13 versus, and GT5 is out. $450 if it comes with extra rumble controller.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I'll buy one when there are enough games to justify the price. At the $600 price, I will need 10 games out, at the $500 price, I will need 8-9 games released. So no, I won't be buying the PS3 when the price is reduced.

No way, I can`t. It is still U$ 1000 to 2000 where I live.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

leo-j said:
99% of the people say now the other 1% is maybe. I dont get it have you guys all been a hole or sometin? The huge exclusive game line up coming out this fall still doesnt make you want a ps3 even with a 100 price drop?

The days of buying a console to play a game are over.

Every console has more than enough excellent games (exclusive/non-exclusive). Unless you have a serious amount of free time, or are a REALLY hardcore gamer - there is no need to own more than 1.

I could spend $900 on a PS3 (and no games) - or I could buy all the games I want to play/own for the Wii/DS until the end of the year.

I'll consider a PS3 when its price approaches the cost of 2-3 games (around $200-$300AU). Zero chance of paying more for it.

I bought a Xbox(1) for $50AU - and have never even turned it on. I know I should, and I know there are games (that I have access to) that I should play - but that doesn't change the situation. Actually back to playing more DS than Wii at the moment (thanks to lack of time, Pokemon & Brain Training 2 - more than anything else).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099