By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 price cut week of Sept. 7; 60GB $299, Elite $399, Arcade $199

Dang! at those prices 360's will fly off the shelves by the holidays. Especially once left for dead and GOW 2 comes out. I thnk Sony's gonna have to do something, cause thats impulse buy territory in the US at least.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
@DMJ we already had confirmation from seperate sources, 3 IIRC.

No.

We've had photos of computer interfaces with numbers and all that good stuff, not a good old fashioned flyer to break the news to us.

Good.  This is proof.

Not sketchy photos and the like.

Passenger57 said:
Dang! at those prices 360's will fly off the shelves by the holidays. Especially once left for dead and GOW 2 comes out. I thnk Sony's gonna have to do something, cause thats impulse buy territory in the US at least.

Yeah, cause the Arcade flew off of shelves last Christmas being priced 80 bucks less than the pro.

And the pro flew off of shelves priced at 299.

Microsoft really wants to compete against Sony....it's a little too late.

^_^

Great, all we needed to know was if the Elite and 60GB were going to drop. Seems like it now... And I seriously hope Sony is not going to announce a price drop soon, or I'll shoot myself (just bought a 80GB)!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Squilliam said:

No.

We've had photos of computer interfaces with numbers and all that good stuff, not a good old fashioned flyer to break the news to us.

Good.  This is proof.

Also had an article at Arstechnica from someone whos been reasonably accurate in the past and a third seperate confirmation like the one we had by someone else.

Tease.

Yeah I already bought one at this price at amazon.com
and the dude says he's giving me a free (well almost + top shipping) copy of GTAIV with it.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Its funny how fast Sony fanboys come in 360 news, especially when the ps3 is still more than 5 mill behind. But whatever there's always next year and the next year and the next

Squilliam said:
DMeisterJ said:
Squilliam said:

No.

Good.  This is proof.

Also had an article at Arstechnica from someone whos been reasonably accurate in the past and a third seperate confirmation like the one we had by someone else.

Why are we arguing this point?

It's true. 

Shouldn't you be busy creaming your pants?  :P

Passenger57 said:
Its funny how fast Sony fanboys come in 360 news, especially when the ps3 is still more than mill behind. But whatever there's always next year and the next year and the next

It's funny how you can't see that PS3 is continously beating 360 even after the last price cut...

^_^