By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Madden will win another year

The only time it lost was when it was beat by NFL Quarterback Club '99  (was that only for N64 or total? I forget)

This is one of the legendary, most terrible things to happen to humanity since the Holy Roman Empire.

I will never ever understand why this piece of shit game was ever able to infest the videogame market in the early '90s with it's release in '91.

Btw, WTF is all this 20 year BS, it's been 18 years, can't these people count!  Their Marketing people must be as stupid as their programming people.  

Year after year they drum out the same tired old trash, usually maintaining the same glitches and logic errors.  The best player I have personally met of the series is my downsyndrome cousin.  He cant get off level 1-1 in Mario, or progress an any other game but he can win in Madden '97 on Playstation every time.  I am happy there is something that is on his level that he can play, but it paralyses me mentally to try to comprehend that this outsells all other sports games.  Particularily the vastly superior SEGA line.  Sure some years it may have been better than 989 sports, but thats it.

This game was the first to boost sales to cater to non gamers (significantly) and I blame it along with Tony Hawk for allowing shit games to saturate our market.

Who is with me in hating EA for unleashing this on us, and this series in general!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

RE 20 yrs

It was first releast in 1988, thus 20 yrs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL

As for the rest of your article, meg, idk about sport games.

Sports games are a no no to me in general. Why play them when you can get out and play them for real, have fun, exercise?

Honestly it is just sad, because within a year the value of the game is $5 dollars.

Acevil said:
Honestly it is just sad, because within a year the value of the game is $5 dollars.

Its because there will be a new one out the enxt year which is one of the reason i never buy sports games there's too many different version of things that are basically the same. Plus why play a sports game when you can go out and play the sports for real.

Around the Network

^  "play outside? Like on Gameboy or something?" - Foxtrot comic.

Ok good point Superchunck. Apparently there was an original, non NFL liscenced 6 on 6 version for the Apple, IBM Amiga, among other PCs. I was speaking from memory of when the first console game hit the market, but I guess in a construed way they can claim '88 was the first release. OK good work Superchunk!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

There's a big XX on the box...

It was so much better with the ambulance.

Of course it is the biggest sports game, Football and Football (Soccer) are the two sports that translate to VGs the best and are the two biggest (revenue) sports. Since Am.Football is a monopoly, and the VG of Am.Football is a monopoly why wouldn't it be bigger than every other single sports game.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

wow madden rules its one of the most fun games ever.... ever. and who the fuk cares if the game is worth $5 at the end of the year. the memories of playing the game with my friends is worth more then a hundred. The OP is just mad cuz madden shits on his fav games. Madden is a strategy game as much it is a sports game, maybe your cousin is just smarter then you.

JPSandhu said:
wow madden rules its one of the most fun games ever.... ever. and who the fuk cares if the game is worth $5 at the end of the year. the memories of playing the game with my friends is worth more then a hundred. The OP is just mad cuz madden shits on his fav games. Madden is a strategy game as much it is a sports game, maybe your cousin is just smarter then you.

Expressing your opinion is fine, but doing it in a way that insults other users is not.  Flaming is unacceptable.  This is your only warning.

This whole topic is flamebait and outside of that, doesn't really have a point of discussion. With Madden being the only NFL game on the market, it'll always win. Fact. Commando you got your rant off. I hope you worked it through your system. I can see the topic as a whole going way downhill, so I'm cutting it's legs early. Locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.