By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: News from Liberty City this Autumn

As info for all things other than the Xbox 360 arrives fresh from the Leipzig Games Convention, Microsoft took the opportunity to tease Grand Theft Auto IV gamers with the upcoming exclusive downloadable content. "In autumn there will be news from Liberty City; the first episodes of GTA IV will be available for download exclusively on Xbox LIVE, underlining Xbox 360's leadership role in the field of digital entertainment."

While the obvious assumption is "news from Liberty City" points at an Autumn launch for the first episode of the content, the "news" referenced in the quote could be a solidified release date for the long-awaited content. Take-Two previously noted that the DLC is expected to arrive during Fiscal Q109 -- which for Take-Two falls between the beginning of November 2008 and the end of January 2009 -- but Microsoft has stood firm on a 2008 release for Episode One.

Around the Network

cool.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

a very important point ...

an arcade bundle + GTA4 + exclusive add-on1 for 200$ at Xmas could move a lot of unit ...

Time to Work !

Awesome news Microsoft...I haven't played GTA IV fully yet, but I will be looking forward to this extra content!

i hope its cool
i bought the ps3 version so i dont get to partake in the fun tho

I love the PSWII60

Around the Network
libellule said:
a very important point ...

an arcade bundle + GTA4 + exclusive add-on1 for 200$ at Xmas could move a lot of unit ...

How are they going to give the exclusive add on to Arcade owners without a HDD?

I'm assuming the add on will be a few hundred meg or even a gig plus.  Even if compression has improved in the last 6 months, has it improved by enough to add that to the disc with the rest of the game and the engine?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

So the wait begins...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

The lack of real information about this content has me worried. It either means the content is so huge that they want to keep it as an epic surprise or it means the content is really rather small and they're just trying to keep expectations low. I tend to think it's the latter, but I guess I'm a pessimist. You would think they would give us a few nuggets so that GTA doesn't become old news (although I would argue it already has).

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:

The lack of real information about this content has me worried. It either means the content is so huge that they want to keep it as an epic surprise or it means the content is really rather small and they're just trying to keep expectations low. I tend to think it's the latter, but I guess I'm a pessimist. You would think they would give us a few nuggets so that GTA doesn't become old news (although I would argue it already has).

The only information (rumor ?) was, that the DLC will be about 10 hours of gameplay

Sorry Rockstar, your game is mediocre and I no longer care.

Too little too late.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick