By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mr. Domino said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ooh, I forgot:

LBP will be huge.

LBP will not be huge

Have you played this game? (I have)

OT:

If this forum wants, I'll be going to PAX and I can take photos and make detailed impressions.

On topic:

If and when you play this game, and if you ever in your dreams of dreams buy a Playstation 3, I garuntee you'll buy this game.  Little Big Planet is a paradigm shift and will move boxes.  Every person I played with at Comic-con was like "Wow this game is amazing."

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
So with holiday season rolling in, it looks like Leo-j's prediction will be perfect.

Is he the next JL?

I mean, his prediction went against all odds, and made absolutely no sense at the time, but it looks like it may come to fruition.

It's really beginning to look that way. If sales don't drop during the typical part of the year when demand for consoles is at its lowest (August-September), they are very unlikely to go any lower than current levels.

JL on the other hand, currently stands to have the least accurate prediction in sales for the Wii on VGC since he has doggedly stuck to his assertion that it would sell 60 million by the end of 2008. A ridiculous prediction of 30m would be as accurate as that 60m prediction if the total is actually under 45m.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ooh, I forgot:

LBP will be huge.

lulz. That's getting mildly annoying X_X If LBP somehow doesn't do well can I laugh at you? :P

I think LBP will be a huge since its an exclusive that is very probably to sell 2 million world wide.  It also has a high likeliness to be a bundled title.  This combination could prove for the title to both move boxes and become a defining game.

talkingparrot said:
Mr. Domino said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ooh, I forgot:

LBP will be huge.

LBP will not be huge

Have you played this game? (I have)

OT:

If this forum wants, I'll be going to PAX and I can take photos and make detailed impressions.

On topic:

If and when you play this game, and if you ever in your dreams of dreams buy a Playstation 3, I garuntee you'll buy this game.  Little Big Planet is a paradigm shift and will move boxes.  Every person I played with at Comic-con was like "Wow this game is amazing."

Rather than placing too much emphasis on your personal impression of the final (?) build at PAX, try to get as much of a general impression as you can from those at the event who play the demo in depth.

That overall impression from attendees should be a pretty good indicator of how well LBP will be received by the general public (maybe not, but the gaming public anyway).

Based on your observations from Comic-con, it's looking pretty favorable.

Mr. Domino said:

LBP will not be huge.

If it follows the same line as other niche games (okami comes right to mind), extreme gamers that are found in forums will buy it and word of mouth it to other extreme gamers, but the general buying public wont know it exists.

The majority of Sony's marketing this fall is dedicated to this game.  I've heard all sorts of things from this game being trailored in movie theaters, to kiosks and plushie marketing sprees, and this :

This was painted on the side of an ENTIRE building in Lepzieg.

This is the World Hobby Fair in Japan with an over 30 minute wait to play this game. 

I can be an asshole and post more things to own you, but you get the idea.  People will KNOW about this game.  Can I get a "You totally owned that troll" - quote?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
Ooh, I forgot:

LBP will be huge.

lulz. That's getting mildly annoying X_X If LBP somehow doesn't do well can I laugh at you? :P

Hey, Wii owners are allowed to make a percent thread every week (not you apparently 47.9 percent, lulz) so why can't I Say "LBP Will be huge" in all of my posts?

@Jo21: 280k vs 250k is more like 30k difference not 14k, you missed Japan.

Anyways as long as the sales for the Wii this week are over 46.9% of the total sales, its marketshare will go up like it or not. Sorry if the truth hurts :(

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Didn't Wii drop off a lot in sales about this time last year as well? I can recall everybody singing it's doom and how the "Fad" was over.... Is this the year of Alzheimer syndrome?

As far as LBP, I think it'll be a good game, I think it will sell just fine even but I don't think it's some kind of magic angel here to save the PS3...

can anyone explain to me why ps3 beat 360 this week?

Yes they did.

Although this year, sales are dropping at a time when inventory levels are building due to the 33% production increase.

Right about now should be the easiest time ever to find a Wii as a result.

Don't be surprised if they start becoming scarce again near Black Friday, even with 1m+ units sold per week.

It won't be until after all the chips are counted in January, that any accurate assessment can be made in regards to where the Wii market is heading in the future. Right now, it's mostly conjecture mixed with educated guesses based upon past sales data.