By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIRST VIDEO OF DEAD RISING WII

no

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

It's bizarre how some games can elicit such strong emotions (both positive or negative) when they're not even near completion.

Capcom hasn't made a bad quality game for the Wii yet. I'm expecting this one to get just as much effort as their other games.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

yuexxx said:
I support this game for show to capcom that wii have hardcore

That's dumb!

Look at RE's sales, Metroid, SSBB, etc sales! Wii gamers don't need to prove anything.

An "hardcore" (stupid term) game it's a game with blood?

I'm only interested in dividing good games from bad games! And this is, apparently, a bad one.

Capcom is kind of replacing ubisoft to me, not that their games are bad... just that... if I had to put words to instincts or feelings then.. I'd say the reason is that their games feel soulless like Ubisoft games as of late, it's like playing a mmo where the key concept is grinding, leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I get slapped with repetition. But Ubisoft is both Soulless and bad, it's only bad because their games don't even try to hide the soulless aspects.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

A snippet from IGN's interview with Sega about HotD:Overkill

"We did take a look at some screens of a certain other zombie game that is being ported to Wii, and the general consensus was that we thought we could certainly do better."

Around the Network

I see what Dib8erman means. It doesn't seem like Capcom is aspiring to do anything with the release of this game. No passion, just remaking. It's not a "new" experience, but a cash-in on a profitable one. It is not like Viewtiful Joe.

Hard to describe. It seems like more of an obligation than a passionate willingness. They expecy 500k, release half-unfinished trailers which hurt more than help...... let the gamers do their thing. IDK what I'm saying.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

No port ? So Dead Rising is still a 360 exclusive and the Wii has it's own exclusive.... nice :)

All I saw was RE4-style gameplay meshed into Dead Rising gameplay, plus some new enemies I never fought in the 360 version.

I'm fucking sold, though I agree that they should probably hold off on showing trailers until the graphics are closer to being done.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I find it interesting that ppl are hating on this for being a port but don't mind sqaure planning on porting every single final fantasy & dragon quest.

I'll be blunt: the trailer they showed decreased my interest by a lot. I'm still optimistic, especially since many of the improvements they're making should help make it better than the 360 version, but it's clear that they still have a lot to do. Here's hoping they get it all done and polished in time for release.