By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age: Origins coming to consoles

Just thought I'd post this since there's been some confusion (and catfighting!) on the forum about this. Dan Tudge confirms to Eurogamer that Dragon Age won't be getting the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance treatment when it comes to consoles:

"Yes. Dragon Age: Origins will be coming to consoles in the near future, yes," Dan Tudge, director and executive producer for the game, told Eurogamer.

Are you psyched? Any thoughts? Preferably ones besides "PC > consoles!" because, yes, yes, we already know...

Around the Network

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

As long as it has Baldur's GAte 2 or Icewind Dale level of gameplay depth and micromanagement, than I don't care where it goes. How they're going to make it work on a gamepad is beyond me.

So instead of consoles getting a proper console game, they get a port of a PC game that is impossible to have an optimized interface and gameplay on a gamepad?

If anything, it's consoles' loss.

I blame EA.

Around the Network

I'm not too interested, for it's art direction in the first video seemed like "gears of medieval" to me.

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance was a great game in its own right.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

shio said:

So instead of consoles getting a proper console game, they get a port of a PC game that is impossible to have an optimized interface and gameplay on a gamepad?

Wow... I suppose that is one way of looking at it.

shio said:

And you've played enough of Dragon Age to make a fair, balanced decision on this? May I borrow your time machine?

Yeah. Every time a system gets a brand new game, they are actually losing, right? If that's the case, then the Playstation 2 was the worst system in the history of time, and lost so much.

At any rate, very excited, and will support DA:O on my X360 if it comes to the 360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ArtznCraphs said:
As long as it has Baldur's GAte 2 or Icewind Dale level of gameplay depth and micromanagement, than I don't care where it goes. How they're going to make it work on a gamepad is beyond me.

Well, one of the consoles has a pointer...

Just saying. (And praying).

@ MrStickball

GIven that it's a Bioware game, it's safe to assume that it's coming to 360. I'm more interested in his use of the plural.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.