By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age: Origins coming to consoles

shio said:

So instead of consoles getting a proper console game, they get a port of a PC game that is impossible to have an optimized interface and gameplay on a gamepad?

If anything, it's consoles' loss.

Nice way to save face after yelling at everybody since E3 that said it was coming to consoles and you denying it. "No it's not coming to consoles, only the SERIES is coming to consoles! Dragon Age: Origins is EXCLUSIVE to PC!". It's ok though man. You can keep it on the exclusives list.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
shio said:

So instead of consoles getting a proper console game, they get a port of a PC game that is impossible to have an optimized interface and gameplay on a gamepad?

And you've played enough of Dragon Age to make a fair, balanced decision on this? May I borrow your time machine?

Yeah. Every time a system gets a brand new game, they are actually losing, right? If that's the case, then the Playstation 2 was the worst system in the history of time, and lost so much.

At any rate, very excited, and will support DA:O on my X360 if it comes to the 360.

You don't need a time machine, only a brain. When it was Baldur's Gate franchise, consoles got a proper, good ARPG in which it's design philosophies were strictly for consoles. The reason Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 were never truly ported was because the gameplay and interface are simply too much a burden on gamepads.

For the gameplay seen on Dragon Age, it seems just like Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, and that says alot.

I sure hope this comes to Wii for two main reasons:

One: Best interface to use for this type of game
Two: Only system I own. I'd hate to have to get a 360 to play this (and hate the controls) but I might.

Onyxmeth said:
shio said:

Nice way to save face after yelling at everybody since E3 that said it was coming to consoles and you denying it. "No it's not coming to consoles, only the SERIES is coming to consoles! Dragon Age: Origins is EXCLUSIVE to PC!". It's ok though man. You can keep it on the exclusives list.

Well I never thought they'd port it, because of the reasons already mentioned. I'm still right though, consoles are the ones that lose if it's true.

And I was right about E3, because Dragon Age: Origins was not announced for consoles, only the franchise.

Gamerace said:

Two: Only system I own. I'd hate to have to get a 360 to play this (and hate the controls) but I might.

Build a PC for $400 and you're good to go.

Around the Network
shio said:
Gamerace said:

Every time I hear someone talk about building a PC, the number just seems to magically get lower.

Words Of Wisdom said:
shio said:
Gamerace said:

Every time I hear someone talk about building a PC, the number just seems to magically get lower.

Because prices keep getting lower. And Dragon Age only comes March 2009, so for $400 it's quite feasible.

shio said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:

Well I never thought they'd port it, because of the reasons already mentioned. I'm still right though, consoles are the ones that lose if it's true.

And I was right about E3, because Dragon Age: Origins was not announced for consoles, only the franchise.

Consoles do not lose. If the options are either not getting a game, or getting a game that may end up having questionable controls, i'll always take the latter.What is it about this game that can't be changed to work at least decently on a gamepad though? What do you use, every single keyboard button or are we just talking hot keys here?

You were right about the E3 comment, but were not right in your comments that the consoles would never see this game, which were always bunched into the same paragraph.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

shio said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
shio said:
Gamerace said:

Because prices keep getting lower. And Dragon Age only comes March 2009, so for $400 it's quite feasible.

Build me a $400 gaming setup in the PC forum.  Must include all parts (monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers...etc).  ^_^

Onyxmeth said:
shio said:
Onyxmeth said:
shio said:

Consoles do not lose. If the options are either not getting a game, or getting a game that may end up having questionable controls, i'll always take the latter.What is it about this game that can't be changed to work at least decently on a gamepad though? What do you use, every single keyboard button or are we just talking hot keys here?

You were right about the E3 comment, but were not right in your comments that the consoles would never see this game, which were always bunched into the same paragraph.

what if the options were getting a port of DA:O, or getting a console-centric DA game?

Have you ever player the best RPG of all time? If you did, you'd know why it's not adequate to be played with a gamepad.