By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hanna Montana's effect on Blu-ray sales

axumblade said:
If it's also got the Jonas Brothers in it, I'd say 13% at the most.

I think more like 1.3%.

Would your parents seriously buy you a $400 device to play a concert video of some lame Disney fad? (2 if you count Jerkoff Brothers)? I know mine wouldn't. I agree with most people that big movies will be the pusher, such as TDK and Ironman.

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
axumblade said:
If it's also got the Jonas Brothers in it, I'd say 13% at the most.

I think more like 1.3%.

Would your parents seriously buy you a $400 device to play a concert video of some lame Disney fad? (2 if you count Jerkoff Brothers)? I know mine wouldn't. I agree with most people that big movies will be the pusher, such as TDK and Ironman.

probably not, but it would be a great reason for parents to get a Blu-ray player for the family.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

masterb8tr said:
hanna montana sucks ass...-

perhaps balls is more suited to her ;)

Soriku said:
ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
masterb8tr said:

QFT... I can't stand her. She needs to just pick a fuckin name already. She catching up to Diddy on number of Aliases

she only goes by two names. The one in the TV show and her real name.

The way your looking at it all actors in movies should go by their real names versus the character. So instead of the joker in the dark night it should be Heith Ledger since Heith is the actor.

She uses both names in the show :P

Btw, I'll ask again :P

As for Disney movie sales, any sales numbers? Also, what's the userbase of Blu ray right now?

If you use my sales tracking thread and find all the releases for Disney movies you can estimate which weeks were affected more by Disney if at all since Tuesdays have more movies released then just Disney.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
masterb8tr said:

QFT... I can't stand her. She needs to just pick a fuckin name already. She catching up to Diddy on number of Aliases

she only goes by two names. The one in the TV show and her real name.

The way your looking at it all actors in movies should go by their real names versus the character. So instead of the joker in the dark night it should be Heith Ledger since Heith is the actor.

Hm... Let's scratch that name: "Hannah Montana" You still have "Miley Cirus", "Smiley", and "Destiny Faith", and you think that's normal? She's just going to be the next psychotic bitch that all little girls worship like Britney, or the next famous drug-slut like Lohan, or even yet, she could get knocked up at 16 like JLS.

Oh, and just for the record, she uses the name "Hannah Montana" as her stage name.

Around the Network

no efect

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

girls and kids are two groups that are traditionally less interesting in high technology. if anything blu ray will lose a few percent to dvd sales for the week as we can be assured a metric shit-ton of dvds will sell that week.

batman on the other hand will do great things in HD.

Yea I honestly doubt Hannah Montana would have a huge effect on BR adoption.

Like axum said it may be if a father wants a BR player and this just pushes it over the top for the family, but that's about it. Little girls aren't going to be the ones convincing the parents to buy BR players. It was hard enough to explain to my younger sisters why they should get the Harry Potter DVD not VHS back in the day.

It will sell 5 copies on the first day!

do you really think little girls know what blu ray is?