By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hanna Montana's effect on Blu-ray sales

I expect a ton of kids "making" their parents buy a Blu-ray player tomorrow due to the release. Even though most of the sales will be on DVD I expect this to be a very large increase in Blu-ray hardware and movie sales.

@Soriku - its a matter of the movie. Some movies sold pretty well for the Blu-ray user base.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I'm sure they would just buy the DVD, why would they go for blu ray?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Sorry, but I don't even think most Kids know what blu-ray is. Hannah Montana's audience is like 5-8.

I wish I had parents willing to spend $400 just to play a concert video that can be purchased on dvd for $15. Hell, I wish I had parents willing to spend the $15 for a concert video.

I think the first big push on Blu-Ray sales will come from the Dark Knight. It is tempting me, but only if players come down in price.

Around the Network

This won't effect sales at all, kids don't care about blu ray.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Will not affect sales at all.

The Dark Knight will be the first Blu-Ray to have a noticeable impact in Blu-ray player sales.

skeezer said:
Little girls.....like my sister.....are crazy for her, so maybe

....and little boys like my cousins have a crush on miley

masterb8tr said:
hanna montana sucks ass...-

QFT... I can't stand her. She needs to just pick a fuckin name already. She catching up to Diddy on number of Aliases

L.C.E.C. said:
masterb8tr said:
hanna montana sucks ass...-

QFT... I can't stand her. She needs to just pick a fuckin name already. She catching up to Diddy on number of Aliases

she only goes by two names. The one in the TV show and her real name.

The way your looking at it all actors in movies should go by their real names versus the character. So instead of the joker in the dark night it should be Heith Ledger since Heith is the actor.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453