By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-25/ 2007-07-01

diegomoroco777 said:
OMG PS2 with waggle wand confirmed!!!!! XD

j/k

It's coming!!!! LOL that would be the craziest thing ever.

Zelda DS will end up around 1 million liftetime.

Katamary Damacy PS3 is cancelled so the rumors were true...

And what is Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 3: Kitaguni hen (PS3)?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

What are the PS3 numbers?

davygee said:
megaxl said:
monster hunter freedom 2 bundled PSP push the sales to the game for weeks, but i doubt that push the system because all the people that want the game in japan have it now.

MHF2 is still selling steadily. Last week it was sitll selling nearly 6k after 18 weeks. And I reckon it can still sell a fair new hundred more in Japan.

It looks like Capcom are destined to get more money from MH sales and Sony will get a good push as well. Seeing as the release of the limited edition PSP set. MH fans will lap it up definitely...and I can see MH fans paying out for a new PSP with all the added faceplates and toys etc...not a huge amount though...but you never know.

40k PSP sales this week is up nearly 10k on last week....is this solely down to Ratchet and Clank being released or is the special edition MH PSP out already?

40K for R&C is not too bad either.

i mean that MHF2 maybe can have a more big legs or return to the top 10 or top 20, i dont say that MHF2 dont sell anymore, and about if the bundled MHF2 can push the PSP i still doubt, but as you say, everything can happen with fans rebuying the system or new users buying the system for the game bundled.

the sales of R&C is amazing for this type of game in Japan, good sales. 

Another great week for Nintendo, and an above average week for Sony. I mean I didn't expect to ever see the PS2 hit 20k in a week there again. The PSP had a nice bump as well. Super Robot Wars had a great debut, proving the PS2 is still more than a viable platform to go with for Japanese developers (more viable than the PS3 for the time being). Still it's all about DS and Wii hardware. Nothing can touch them.

The biggest thing to me though is how well Zelda held up. I mean a less than 50% drop is remarkable. It's like a symptom of the DS. You release a game for the DS it's pretty much gauranteed to have better legs than if you would of released the game for any other system. A million seller is likely.

Thanks for the numbers, as always, y-koron.

Zelda holding up big time. Sounds like FolksSoul dropped out of the charts (top 20). I'm guessing PS3 and 360 numbers came down a tad with no releases, 360 going back to normal 2k, PS3 maybe down to 8-9k.

Redesign for the PS2 = $99 PS2 confirmed probably?
360 Elite in October, around the same time as Lost Odyssey, I reckon?
Why is PS3 oblivion shipping 2 months after the 360 version? Weird ...

Very interesting week, indeed.

Around the Network

Dang Phantom Hourglass just straight up owned TP. And if it hasn't yet it will next week. Theres a massive user base difference but its still crazy to see. This bodes well for more games of this type. PH is fun as hell. Waiting on English version because I'm stuck as hell on the Japanese version.

Nice to see how Phourglass and Itadaki street portable are holding up...!

Phourglass is owning Tprincess all over the place and could very well reach the 1 million mark!...

Itadaki street portable seems to do fairly good for a first entry in the series with 150k and 70k for week 1 and 2 respective.

Katamari cancelled for PS3 would also be news!... And it definitely would be news when word comes out it WILL go to Wii!!!...

PS2 redesign... (Wii-waggle controlls?!... Gdamn i hope not! I hoped that rumour was false cause it sounded really stupid)... For $99 it could help PS2 to keep living healthy until 2008!!!... (And it might even keep outselling its bigger brother... The PS3 until 2008... Which would be very funny)

Another thing: PS2 3th party games tend to keep having BIG 1st weeks! Which is possibly a sign for more support to stay!... However, the games tend to drop of fast during the course of their lives on PS2 since the introduction of the Wii.

and last: I wanna see some DQ: Wii sales... I heared the game sucked arse!... Maybe that's why there aren't many reviews... So they get great first week or something and then to let it drop like a stone XD...  I have bigger props for Resi4 Wii edition...! (Hope the game keeps doing a steady 4-6k a week!)

THE NETHERLANDS

nintendo_fanboy said:
i am disappointed by the numbers of DK Jet Race... looks like the DK brand is not selling anymore, but I guess that's no wonder with all those spinoffs.
Anyways, from what I've seen and heard, Jet Race is quite funny und should make better numbers.

If it had support for the kongas yes...

Dolla Dolla said:
Redesign for the PS2 = $99 PS2 confirmed probably?

We can always hope, because then I mayby should buy myself one, that and guitarr hero 1 and 2.

One game that is cancelled for PS3, what is coming next?

@StarcraftManiac

Where have you heard that DQ:Swords was bad? I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Where have you heard that DQ:Swords was bad? I haven't heard anything bad about it yet.

It's a very simplified game to appeal to kids as well. Very linear and toned down.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
robjoh said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

It's a very simplified game to appeal to kids as well. Very linear and toned down.

Right, but what about it being bad? I haven't heard anything like that yet. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">