By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-25/ 2007-07-01

kber81 said:
y-koron said:

* Boku no Natsu-Yasumi 3: Kitaguni hen (PS3)

Thanks for an info y-koron. Any idea about first shipment of this title? Is it popular franchise in Japan? How about Folks Soul?

I haven't heard... But it is ture that many people thinks it is failure of SCEJ that Boku-Natsu is released for PS3 and should be released for PS2.

Folks Soul is probably out of charts (top 20).

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

Strong software week. Zelda held on pretty well too, less than 50% drop.

Dragon Quest Swords I expect is going to be short, shallow, and repetitive from what I've gleaned from the previews. If they don't let reviews get out before release it's definitely because they want to snatch up the enormous amount of first-week buyers that'll grab anything with the DQ name on it first.

Good week for PS2, Zelda holds up well (2 weeks DS sales beats 6 months Wii sales).

We should get a DQS review soon (I'm hopeful for the title). Reviews usually appear about 1 week before the release, which is about 2 weeks before the first sales charts for a game. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

thanks y-koron, i want to see the numbers for Doki Doki the next week or tomorrow, snk talk about big preorders, 200k-300k?.

Can't really compare Zelda PH and Zelda TP. Zelda PH is cel-shaded and Japanese friendly. Zelda TP was meant for the occidental audience, Nintendo said that themselves.

Around the Network

Famitsu Charts just comes.

There is another monster in the Charts...

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Shikashi PS3 wa.... (concerning hardware sales) = however the PS3... that bad???

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

NICE. A 160k second week for Zelda is just awesome. That'd put LTD around 450k or so, and should easily let it float past 750k with ease. Who knows, it should hit 1m before everything's done.

SRW:OG is higher than I thought, as well as PS2 h/w.

Good thing they've dated AC6's release. That'll certainly boost 360 hardware sales that week, and give the 360 a good Christmas there.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

WiiGirl76 said:
Shikashi PS3 wa.... (concerning hardware sales) = however the PS3... that bad???

I would rather say "still the same". Everyone wants to hear about flop Comment is most welcome if PS3 will hit let's say 4k

megaxl said:
monster hunter freedom 2 bundled PSP push the sales to the game for weeks, but i doubt that push the system because all the people that want the game in japan have it now.

MHF2 is still selling steadily.  Last week it was sitll selling nearly 6k after 18 weeks.  And I reckon it can still sell a fair new hundred more in Japan.

It looks like Capcom are destined to get more money from MH sales and Sony will get a good push as well.   Seeing as the release of the limited edition PSP set.  MH fans will lap it up definitely...and I can see MH fans paying out for a new PSP with all the added faceplates and toys etc...not a huge amount though...but you never know.

40k PSP sales this week is up nearly 10k on last week....is this solely down to Ratchet and Clank being released or is the special edition MH PSP out already?

40K for R&C is not too bad either.

@ y-koron

Is Folksoul or Ninja Gaiden Sigma in the top 20 this week or are they miles behind? 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)