By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP - Its NOT going to shift many PS3s...if any.

I agree with the post, not because I think LBP isn't going to sell well (which I do) but because we've reached the point in the console cycle when all the systems have had enough big releases that any new game, no matter how good, can't compete with the huge back catalog.

Also apparently there is an impression that somehow LBP is going to sell well to people who hate hardcore gaming. It's 500$+ the cost of the game. No casual gamer is going to spend 560$ on a console that has 1 AAA casual title.

Edit: Also, OP, stop trolling. And this is coming from an avid hater of LBP.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Around the Network
Showertea said:
I agree with the post, not because I think LBP isn't going to sell well (which I do) but because we've reached the point in the console cycle when all the systems have had enough big releases that any new game, no matter how good, can't compete with the huge back catalog.

Also apparently there is an impression that somehow LBP is going to sell well to people who hate hardcore gaming. It's 500$+ the cost of the game. No casual gamer is going to spend 560$ on a console that has 1 AAA casual title.

i see what you mean. i will accept your opinion because you put thought into it.

however i will never listen to the opinions of the opening post because i already know what they are going to be.

i mean he made this thread just because he is pissed off lol

Well whoop-dee-doo, these threads are always made by 360 nuts...

You always get these contraversial statements followed by poor arguments.

good night.

Burgles said:

I'm seeing a trend forming (apart from loads of crap LBP threads)...

1. All the threads have been started by PS3 nutters (the psychopath types that talk OmGz L3eT !!!11! bullshit)

2. These people already own a PS3.

3. The way these people talk really put people who don't own a PS3 off.

4. People who don't own a PS3 don't seem to be talking in those threads at all, unlike a lot of good games where people say they would consider buying a console for it (e.g MGS4GT5P).

(I know VGChartz isn't a representation of the whole market obviously, but this seems to be the case on a few other "big" forums on the net)

So yes, it may a get a good attach rate...

But its not going to sell many consoles AT ALL.

I'm going to own a PS3 in a month and I'm not excited, who here who doesn't own a PS3 is "blow away" by this title, from what you've heard so far?

Only thing I'm blow away by is adolesent tools making so many extremely boring threads that have no basis, no point and are very personal...

Bolded: it's like raaaiiiinnn on a wedding day

in case you didn't get the reference, it's ironic, because that's exactly what you just did.

Around the Network
Showertea said:

Edit: Also, OP, stop trolling. And this is coming from an avid hater of LBP.

While you are no doubt correct in the assertion that no casual gamer will buy a PS3 for just one game, do get the pricing right...

A 'casual gamer' will surely opt for the $399 PS3 instead of the $499 one.

So... you can see the future??? Then please, tell me when are you going to die...

4 ≈ One