By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma Is Now Out- Go Buy It!

I cannot recommend this game more.

You want a fun and challenging game on your PS3? This is it.

You like action games? This might be the king of action combat.

You want great looking graphics? This game's got it.

Go buy the game and enjoy playing one of the best games on the PS3 by far.

Be forewarned: This game is not for the passer by, it's a very difficult game compared to all other action games out there today and you will find yourself frustrated and angry at the difficulty at times.

If you don't want to put the effort into learning to be a lot better at the game then just go for the Ninja Dog mode and save yourself the trouble. On the other hand, if you want to put in the time, you will find that this game rewards practice and skill and tortures the player to push them to be better :) 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

The ingame graphics match the FMV's now... sort of. Maybe less fluidity, but still pretty nice.

I haven't picked this up yet, but the part of the demo that was really pissing me off was the first area boss. If you died, you basically started over from the beginning. While it was good practice, I have to wonder. Was the boss artificially inflated in the demo?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

I don't think so, Ninja Gaiden is well known for being very difficult. It is well worth it if you want the challage tho.

I knock the Gamepad a lot these days (I think it's caught between the easy-to-use Wiimote and the more precise Mouse/Keyboard combo), but this game is what I consider to be the ultimate Gamepad game. It was meant for a gamepad, and it uses the gamepad to the fullest extent.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Yeah, I had a blast with the demo and will likely buy this, but I have to say, the only reason I console is for "Gamepad type" games. These are the ones where you move your characters around in third person, using one stick for camera and the other for movement. The added motion sensing on the Sixaxis is good for things like shaking off bad guys or flying in Blazing Angels (I loved how well it worked).

If I ever have to buy a keyboard and mouse for the console, I'd rather play it on my PC. And since you mentioned it, I'm not a fan of the squared Wii controller. they need to round the edges a bit. ;)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

I actually tried the demo of this game, with my one friend who owns a PS3 (I was a big fan of the NES Ninja Gaidens, and quite good at them). My impressions were that the game was very pretty, very difficult, and extremely violent. I personally didn't care for it, but that was only a demo tryout - please don't refrain from buying this game on account of me! I actually couldn't stop laughing; for some reason, the absurdity of this game's plot (killing an endless succession of ninjas) was very amusing. I mean, the old Ninja Gaidens were just as bad, but the graphics were so unrealistic it made sense somehow. My mind couldn't fit the pretty visuals together with the B-grade kung-fu action, hehe.

I'm very interested to see how the sales look this week. Can Ninja Gaiden hit 100k the first week in the US? That would be great news for the PS3, and certainly needed. We'll find out next week.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I think Ninja Gaiden Siga will sell very well since honestly theres no really other good PS3 game that comes out late june' early july

Andir said:
I haven't picked this up yet, but the part of the demo that was really pissing me off was the first area boss. If you died, you basically started over from the beginning. While it was good practice, I have to wonder. Was the boss artificially inflated in the demo?

the demo is actually not even a level in the game (last I heard). It was designed to be a true tech demo, just with a reward for the real game if you complete it. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

"it's a very difficult game"
EEEkkk I hate games that are very hard from the start, I know the diehards will disagree. I am not into hurting myself, and dont want a game to drive me insane, life is hard enough without a game driving your blood pressure up. Ya hard games=dont play me, I stay far away from those types of games.I am sure some will love the challenge, also my reflexes are not as fast as they used to be.