By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January France software numbers

Support Titre Editeur Ventes 1 Xbox 360 Lost Planet Capcom 33.522 2 NDS New Super Mario Bros Nintendo 33.427 3 NDS Programme D'entraînement Cérébral Nintendo 32.769 4 Wii Wii Play Nintendo 30.064 5 Wii The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Nintendo 27.010 6 NDS Animal Crossing Wild World Nintendo 25.642 7 PS2 Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Konami 24.235 8 NDS Nintendogs Labrador Nintendo 23.301 9 NDS Nintendogs Dalmatiens Nintendo 22.252 10 NDS Mario Kart DS Nintendo 20.786

Around the Network

Wow, *never* seen any France gaming charts before. Very cool :) Numbers are fairly low (what is the population of France again?) - about a week of sales from Japan. Looks like Nintendo owns France as well at the moment ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said: Wow, *never* seen any France gaming charts before. Very cool :) Numbers are fairly low (what is the population of France again?) - about a week of sales from Japan. Looks like Nintendo owns France as well at the moment ;)
France has a population of about 60 million (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/print/fr.html). IIRC Nintendo has always been stronger in France and Germany than the UK.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Yup, I remember hearing some strong sales figures for Germany as well (Nintendogs & the DS doing really well there). Japan has a pop slightly more than double France's (127mill at the moment), and about 4x the monthly sales. All makes sense I suppose.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Can you imagine that Nintendogs is still the best seller in france this past Month ???

Around the Network

Bye the way, I'm french and I live near Paris, and you know what ? I know 2 videogames retailers that they are almost 300 reservations for Wii, at this time.... How is it possible ? Is Nintendo "sacrifiying" europpean market in order to sell more Wiis in USA ?

I don't read German, but I think this says that Amazon.de has in-stock Wiis. Why don't you guys import? Same model/price right?

fabinou said: Bye the way, I'm french and I live near Paris, and you know what ? I know 2 videogames retailers that they are almost 300 reservations for Wii, at this time.... How is it possible ? Is Nintendo "sacrifiying" europpean market in order to sell more Wiis in USA ?
Pretty much..a real pity as the could sell out here no problem (speaking from Ireland).

Che thogfair mo fhearg gan diolach?

fabinou said: Bye the way, I'm french and I live near Paris, and you know what ? I know 2 videogames retailers that they are almost 300 reservations for Wii, at this time.... How is it possible ? Is Nintendo "sacrifiying" europpean market in order to sell more Wiis in USA ?
I doubt it...I'm in the USA and despite many visits to stores that sell them I've yet to even see a single Wii in stock (have seen PS3s though). They certainly aren't readily available here yet.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said: fabinou said: Bye the way, I'm french and I live near Paris, and you know what ? I know 2 videogames retailers that they are almost 300 reservations for Wii, at this time.... How is it possible ? Is Nintendo "sacrifiying" europpean market in order to sell more Wiis in USA ? I doubt it...I'm in the USA and despite many visits to stores that sell them I've yet to even see a single Wii in stock (have seen PS3s though). They certainly aren't readily available here yet.
Really? I thought demand for Wii was going to be catered for.....especially for the NA region. Nintendo must be pleased demand is so high...Christmas was crazy here. I also find it amazing that the PS3 is availdible....clearly not what Sony are looking for.

Che thogfair mo fhearg gan diolach?