By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Future of Kingdom Hearts, 360? or PS3?

.:Dark Prince:. said:

1) Still, with the hardcore focus on the PS3 and the casual focus on the PS2 it's unlikely that most PS2 owners will go PS3.

2) As it can on the PSP, Wii, DS, 360.

3) Dragon Quest IX?

4) And? Eidos published it on the PC too. If that was the case Aerith and some other chars from FFVII would be on Chain of Memories, a GBA Game.

4b) So would Disney just put their biggest game on the console with the lowest userbase, the most "mature" one (perfect fit with Disney eh?) to help Blu Ray win the DVD? Which will happen anyway sooner or later?

6) Personal opinion... so no comment.

7) It has? Like? Userbase? Demographic? Lower development costs? Less development time?

Edit: Damn Soriku, you posted my strongest point 2 minutes earlier :( I need to type faster.

In that case why not put all 3rd party titles on the Wii and DS? They have the largest userbases and are the easiest to develop for, it only makes sense right? NO...

All developers are not looking to make a quick buck as many Wii owners have found lead to shovel ware. Kingdom Hearts is not a shovel ware kind of game. As kiddy as its nature is, it is a HARDCORE GAME! You dont see 10 year olds beating SEPHIROTH like its nothing. The game is not casual, which is the Wii's audience. The other Kingdom Hearts were BIG BUDGET games. Will this change in current gen? Probably NOT! Big budget games just do not go to the Wii. If you are going to invest lots of time and money why not make it the biggest baddest game you can (360/PS3). That in turns eliminates the Wii from the selection.

360 I believe has NO chance of getting it as Nomura, the designer, cannot comply with the hardware that the 360 uses. He has stated before that he favors the PS3's. This makes a big difference as he is not only the Developer but the main artist, and partial programmer of the game (didnt know that did you?) He practically designed the game HIMSELF!(Just as Kojima does). Plus my previously stated arguments put the PS3 as a much more likely contender then the other two.

Side Note:You know, I never see PSFanboys hoping and wishing for 360/Wii games that have shown a pattern of exclusivity. Just putting that out there....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

@ Soriku.

Who said "Future KH game"? I've only ever seen "Future game".

Come one guys be nice to each other, cant we have a decent converstion.

I hope it comes in Wii, that would be nice =D KH3 exclusive on the wii!!!! xD

I should really type an auto-response that I can paste inall these KH threads. Something like "thread is pointless because it's going to the Wii anyway."

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Soriku said:

@DMJ

Wait...a "future KH game" can amount to FF XIV, TLR2, SO5, or DQ X? I've seen it all :P

@forever

KH is hardcore? You forgot that the game is targeted at 9-14 year olds.

Dude...I was playing FF8 when I was 7. My cousin who is 7 still plays KH and is able to beat bosses.

Honestly...you have really low standards for kids. 10 year olds aren't retards. And besides, Sephiroth is an optional boss.

Also...there are actually tough Disney games. Ever heard of Toy Story 2...the game? Yeah, that game is pretty hardcore. No joke. Even I have trouble getting through levels in that game. Yet who are they targeted to?

RPGs are usually easy if you just do the main quest. Yet they also usually have fairly tough side bosses. KH is not a casual RPG.

Kurt Ziza was a B*tch in KH1 (Really, took me forever to beat him). Sephiroth is always a chalenge, and a strew of other guys who do not suit a "casual" crowds liking. Casual players do not like difficult, hense the Wii's selection of games if you have not noticed. KH is not a game you can just pick up and KNOW how to play. The small attention spans of the Wii audience could not apreciate the KH style(no offense to anyone, some of you are actually hardcore gamers).

And as I recall, liscense games dont sell to well do they?I am geussing that Toy Story game flopped as they tend to do.

Also Soriko, u tend to be very adament on KH coming to the Wii. Why is this? Is it because you cannot offord the PS3?(that is okay, many cant)

Tell ya what, When KHIII comes out for PS3 Ill buy you one, its ok, I work at gamestop so DISCOUNT! :D

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

It will be an N-Gage Exclusive. Anyone who says different is simply in denial. The proof is right in front of your eyes:

1) The N-Gage has very few units sold, nokia will pay big to get the game and skyrocket sales.

2) The owner of SE probably has owned a nokia phone b4.

3) SONY, MS, and Nintendo together don't have the cash to out bid Nokia.

If this all doesn't happen like I say, then it will probably be a ps3 exclusive....

4 ≈ One

Reasons this game could come to either console.

Wii - Best selling console.

Ps3 - The previous 2 was on ps2.

360 - No reason unless Microsoft pays.

Soriku said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Soriku.

Who said "Future KH game"? I've only ever seen "Future game".

I can't tell who's grasping at straws now...us KH fans or you

I like KH too!  Though i never played the second one.

I simply enjoy playing devil's advocate, and like finding holes in peoples arguments.

But can you link me to when he said "Future KH game" not "Future Game"?

@ Claude

If only that were true.

i dont see how this game isnt just going to be multiplat. SE has already said they want to focus on a different business strategy as demonstrated by last remnant and FF.....even SO timed (come on we all know its coming to the PS3).....

This shows me a few things, new "big" titles are going multi and SE is willing to bend but not break with its biggest baby FF (japan PS3 exclusivity).....

This games going all over or wii exclusive. Wii exclusive makes sense finacnially, lower dev costs, huge install base but lack of audience must really be considered, imo.....but throw in a little 1:1 sword play and everyone who owns a wii will instantly be interested anyways. There is really just no point in developing an HD game 3rd party on only one console, it just doesnt make any sense anymore to be honest to me.