By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 new Metroid Prime 3 Screens- Hot.

RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said:

Nice find, Woof. A great interview.

No online mode, yes. That's great news.

If they could make a good multiplayer and single player you wouldn't welcome it right?

Right. I don't want to see MP3 compared with Halo 3 or any other FPS. No matter how good MP3's multiplayer would be, the game would always be belittled by FPS nerds.

EDIT: Hunters was bad, the worst Metroid game ever. Focus on multiplayer is not good for Metroid.

Exactly, it's not a game that's designed for multiplayer.  What would be GREAT though Blue3 is if you would stop trolling this topic.

Around the Network
Woof said:
This game wont even have online play, what a rip.

http://www.n4g.com/wii/News-49140.aspx

wow bad move on nintendos part.. i read the first part of the interview and the reason it didnt have multiplayer was cause they didnt have enough resources.. this game has the potential to revolutionize fps, and also has enough hype to push it why didnt nintendo give more money, kinda like how sony gave Killzone 2 a REALLY big budget cause of the hype it created.. "we wont alienate core gamers" yeah........ -_-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

More on topic, discounting Blue3's trolling, thanks for the screens ckmlb. It's looking great. As you said I appreciate games looking better, but play is what counts, and what I'm really waiting on is seeing how the controls workout. I'm sure I'll buy it even if they aren't incredible, but I really want them to be.

the problem is alot of metorid prime fans WANTED the game NOT to have online multiplayer. Probably why retro omitted it.

To me that is stupid. I am a fan of metroid, It doesn't hurt to add extra to it. Sure the first objective is to have a soild 1 player story mode. However additions never hurt a game.

RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said

Right. I don't want to see MP3 compared with Halo 3 or any other FPS. No matter how good MP3's multiplayer would be, the game would always be belittled by FPS nerds.

EDIT: Hunters was bad, the worst Metroid game ever. Focus on multiplayer is not good for Metroid. 

no matter how good? so you care more about what nerds think than your enjoyment of the game?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said:

If they could make a good multiplayer and single player you wouldn't welcome it right?

If they want to make a great multiplayer and single player game, they should use a different franchise.

I think Jonathan Metts said it best: "Hunters is a fantastic multiplayer FPS, but we're still waiting for the first Metroid game on DS."  Well said, Jonathan Metts.

@iclim: My enjoyment of the game doesn't depend on what internet nerds think, but it does depend on what kind of game they choose to make. I want a first-person adventure, not a first-person shooter. If they make a great first-person adventure and try to shoehorn in multiplayer, the MP will suck. If they make a great first person shooter with great multiplayer, it won't be Metroid, it'll be something else. I'm saying I want Retro to make Metroid, and if I want a great FPS with great multiplayer, someone else can make it.

naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said:

Exactly, it's not a game that's designed for multiplayer. What would be GREAT though Blue3 is if you would stop trolling this topic.

make you a deal, i ownt post in the wii forum you and all you wii fanboys dont post in the sony forum ?

RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said:

Why do you care if FPS nerds belittle the game? If it had great single and multiplayer I would think it would be welcomed. It's not like it's so insane. It's not like putting versus multiplayer in mario or something...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

iclim4 said:
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
RolStoppable said

no matter how good? so you care more about what nerds think than your enjoyment of the game?.

No, we, the hardcore demographic who this game is targeted at, care a LOT more about the single player gameplay and story than about multiplayer.  If multiplayer in Metroid had to be sacrificed to make single player perfect, I will not mutter a single complaint.  If I want a multiplayer shooter, I'll go play Halo (or another of the hundreds of generic online shooters that exist).  What I and most Metroid fans want is a deep and engaging single player experience.

Dolla Dolla said:

How freaking sweet would metroid be in third person, Unreal Engine 3?

I think it looks better in first person and I feel it would play better with the Wiimote in first person.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!