By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get Madden 09?

Hell yea! Its just like any game just learn. Maddens alot of fun. And not knowing about football doesnt matter.
I dont know a bunch of the terms for football or even what a half-backs position is lol.

Renting it is always good too.

Around the Network

you have to buy it, it's madden!! Every year you have to get the update, especially this year for McFadden, Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Pacman reinstated, Farve to the Jets, and AD(Adrian Peterson!!!!)!!!!!!!

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

If you like football, then yes. I won't get it cause I don't like football....

yes if u like football and get it for ur ps3 and not ur ps2.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Buy it, it is really great!

Around the Network

You should definitely pick it up if you're into football! I probably shouldn't be getting it as I already have Madden 08, but I just couldn't resist and bought it.
I think going to a pre-season game last Friday(SF at Oakland) got me into football fever! Too bad my 49ers lost :(

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

No, certainly not. There are tons of other, fresher, better games coming out this christmas, that you'll need money for. Don't waste it on an impulse buy, just because the game is hyped, and happens to be coming out atm. You should get Madden 08, which you can pick up off ebay for 8 dollars.

There is very little difference, and it's certainly not worth paying an extra 50 bucks for an expansion pack.

I recently bought Madden 08, and found out that no, I still don't like the series. I'll give it another shot in 2012.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Considering that the OP has never bought a Madden title before, I'd say he should pick the game up. Most of us here, like myself, that don't care for the Madden franchise have owned several versions of the game. For the OP it would be a whole new experience and he seems to be a football fan, so he'd probably enjoy it. I myself am on the fence about Madden 09. I probably won't pick it up, I miss NFL2K.