By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - A Heavy Update for Team Fortress 2!

ssj12 said:
engineer is next, awesome

Confirmed next?!  please say yes!  I <3 NG!~

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
ssj12 said:
engineer is next, awesome

Confirmed next?!  please say yes!  I <3 NG!~

the blueprints has to be a hint

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Badwater Basin or whatever it is is pretty fun. CP_Steel took some getting used to...it's not bad though.

And I played the two arena stages...pretty good. I love the woodlands style...I hope more maps are made with that location.

Overall a good update.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I didn't actually play around much with the updated content today, but I did spend a couple hours as a sniper on Goldrush popping the heads off of achievement-whoring fatties. I got a new sniper damage record on the first round (~3300). It was fun.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I liked the new looks and environment of arena_lumberyard. Gameplay was meh.

cp_steel is complicated, and the map is too large and complex. Not much team play factor either...plays a lot like 5 point cp maps where everyone goes whereever they want to(ugh). I'll bet this map would lose its steam and join the 'hardly played anymore maps club' (granary well hydro badlands labor

To this date, goldrush was definately by far the best map Valve added. I gotta try the new payload map tommorow.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

I have played all the new maps. I already had played steel. It is unique. I have been trying to play the arena maps a lot. They are fun but the sitting out thing, I don't like very much. Plus on servers that can't go more than 8v8 and you have like 6 people sitting out is just ridiculous.
Lumberyard is my favorite just because of the alpine feel. I already got the first 2 milestones. Wasn't that hard. I really want the boxing gloves already. What I find insane were the kids already with the boxing gloves like 2 hours after the update game out. I was like wow is that the first milestone or something. It was crazy.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

ihira said:
I liked the new looks and environment of arena_lumberyard. Gameplay was meh.

cp_steel is complicated, and the map is too large and complex. Not much team play factor either...plays a lot like 5 point cp maps where everyone goes whereever they want to(ugh). I'll bet this map would lose its steam and join the 'hardly played anymore maps club' (granary well hydro badlands labor

To this date, goldrush was definately by far the best map Valve added. I gotta try the new payload map tommorow.

The map actually isn't that big, its just a matter of learning the map. The map was extremely confusing at first for me but after 3 or 4 games I got the hang out of it.  Probably one of the best community made maps I've ever seen, and its better than a couple of Valve maps as well.

To Each Man, Responsibility