By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - A Heavy Update for Team Fortress 2!

This confirms the person who posted a rumor listing all the Heavy updates, such as the boxing gloves, this new minigun, and a sandwich.

Yes, a sandwich. I find it strange and somehow kickass.  I'll be mowing down guys, start losing health, and then om-nom-nom on a sandwich for 100 hp.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
thanny said:
hey, a guy on the steam tf2 forums posted this *before* todays new info...
he said the three replacement weapons are:
-Mini gun that does 25% -25% damage, and slows enemies by 50%
-a sandwich you eat for 100 health replacing shotty
-and gloves that do crits for 5 sec after a hit

he was completely right about the gloves, and if you look at some of the achievement names...
"Konspicuous Konsumption"
"Don't Touch Sandvich"
"Rationing"

and on top of that, one of the pictures names when you click view image is
"tf_heavy_eat_sandwiches.png"

:O

fixed^^

im not to sure what i think about this...

R.I.P. scout

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Hey guys, the achievement list is out! http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/kgb.htm Looks like the sandvich is real, because...
Konspicuous Konsumption: Eat 100 sandviches.

Here's the full list...

Iron Kurtain: Take 1000 points of damage in a single life.
Party Loyalty: Kill 50 enemies within 3 seconds of them attacking your Medic.
Division of Labor: Kill 20 enemies with a Medic assisting you, where neither of you die.
Red Oktoberfest: Earn a domination for a Medic who's healing you.
Show Trial: Kill an enemy with a taunt.
Crime and Punishment: Kill 10 enemies carrying your intelligence."
Class Struggle: Work with a friendly Medic to kill an enemy Heavy & Medic pair.
Soviet Block : While invulnerable and on defense, block an invulnerable enemy Heavy's movement.
Stalin the Kart: Block the enemy from moving the payload cart 25 times.
Supreme Soviet: Get ubered 50 times.
Factory Worker: Kill 20 enemies while being recharged by a dispenser.
Soviet Union: Get 25 enemy kills where you either assist or are assisted by another Heavy.
Own the Means of Production: Remove 20 stickybombs by killing the Demomen who produced them
Krazy Ivan: Kill 100 enemies while both you and your victim are underwater.
Rasputin: In a single life, get shot, burned, bludgeoned, and receive explosive damage.
Icing on the Cake: Get 20 kills on players that you're dominating.
Crock Block: Survive a direct hit from a critical rocket.
Kollectivization: Get 1000 assists.
Spyalectical Materialism: Kill or assist in killing 10 cloaked spies.
Permanent Revolution: Kill 5 enemies without spinning down your gun
Heavy Industry: Fire $200,000 worth of minigun rounds in a single life.
Communist Mani-Fisto: Kill an enemy with a critical punch.
Redistribution of Health: Heal 1000 damage with med-kits in a single life.
Rationing: Kill an enemy with your shotgun while you're out of minigun ammo.
Vanguard Party: Be the first on your team to start capturing a control point in a round.
Pushkin the Kart: Get 50 caps on payload maps.
Marxman: Kill 10 enemies in mid-air with the minigun.
Gorky Parked: Kill 25 enemies while you're standing on a control point you own.
Purge: Kill 15 enemies capturing a control point you own.
Lenin A Hand: Help 5 teammates get revenge on their nemeses.
Five Second Plan: Kill an enemy in the first 5 seconds after you exit a teleporter.
Photostroika: Provide an enemy with a freezecam shot of you taunting while invulnerable.
Konspicuous Konsumption: Eat 100 sandviches.
Don't Touch Sandvich: Kill 50 scouts using Natascha.
Borscht Belt: Kill 10 heavies with The K.G.B.

So, what do you guys think of the list? Some of my favorite ones are...

Rasputin: In a single life, get shot, burned, bludgeoned, and receive explosive damage.

Permanent Revolution: Kill 5 enemies without spinning down your gun
Heavy Industry: Fire $200,000 worth of minigun rounds in a single life.
Communist Mani-Fisto: Kill an enemy with a critical punch.

Don't Touch Sandvich: Kill 50 scouts using Natascha.

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Still no update for today...could be the new game mode (likely some sort of deathmatch) along with its five arenas...that's my guess anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ikilledkenny said:
This is a crapload of stuff, I'm looking forward to the new maps. I wonder what class is going to be next?

Scout or Sniper would be nice. Would make me use them more anyways.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Still no update for today...could be the new game mode (likely some sort of deathmatch) along with its five arenas...that's my guess anyway.

Ya, I think it'll be the new gamemode, since they have been alternating between maps and heavy weapons. My guess is still on a V.I.P. mode though

By the way, Heavy Industry: Fire $200,000 worth of minigun rounds in a single life, is a 6 second achievement. Pretty easy, hehe.

"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Actually I want the engineer to get the next update, a new turret or just a lvl 4 turret would be lovely.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ssj12 said:
Actually I want the engineer to get the next update, a new turret or just a lvl 4 turret would be lovely.

A new sentry may be cool, but I would like to see a robot or assault droid as his upgraded build. Wouldn't it be sweet to build a robot that follows you around or defends an area?

adajio said:
ssj12 said:

A new sentry may be cool, but I would like to see a robot or assault droid as his upgraded build. Wouldn't it be sweet to build a robot that follows you around or defends an area?

how about steal the battle droids from Star Wars. Level 1 could be the walkers, Level 2 can be the bigger faster ones, Level 3 can be the rolling ones.

ssj12 said:
adajio said:
ssj12 said:

how about steal the battle droids from Star Wars. Level 1 could be the walkers, Level 2 can be the bigger faster ones, Level 3 can be the rolling ones.

Team Fortress 2 + Star Wars? I'm feeling success! That's a good idea, with the upgrading battle droids in that fashion.