By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - A Heavy Update for Team Fortress 2!

Haha nice...I look forward to eating sandvich!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Great video...although its sad that Sandvich comes before spy....aah who are we kidding? Who cares about the spy? =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

Is the update coming today then? Because on http://www.teamfortress.com/ , it has A Heavy Update for 8/19/2008. So, I guess we can expect to be feasting on sandviches this evening?

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

The update is out right now! Here is the full list of changes...

Added 3 Heavy unlockables
Natascha, The Sandvich, The Killing Gloves of Boxing
Added 35 new Heavy achievements

Added Arena game mode
5 arenas: Lumberyard, Ravine, Well, Granary, Badlands

Added cp_steel, a community map by Jamie "Fishbus" Manson

Changes
Added server map timeleft to upper right of scoreboard
Added new firing sounds to The Backburner
Removed the Custom Tab in the serverbrowser, and added the Tags field to the base Internet Tab
Increased The Kritzkrieg's uber-charge rate bonus from 10% to 25%
32 player servers can now support an extra slot of SourceTV
Made the freezecam item panel description easier to read
Players now broadcast whether they chose a team directly or use autoteam
Added proper handling of cart blocking recognition to Payload maps

Bug fixes
Fixed bug where switching from flaregun-wielding Pyro to another class meant you didn't get a full ammo loadout on first spawn
Fixed Spy watch arm not using team skins
Fixed weapon switching preventing you from using secondary attacks for a 0.2s window after the primary became available
Fixed players getting stuck in a bad animation state when class switching while spinning the minigun
Fixed a loophole that allowed players to pickup weapons of other classes
Fixed a bug that resulted in players earning more crit chance bonus in large, single damage events than they are supposed to
Fixed an issue with the floating HUD +X health indicators that resulted in them appearing incorrectly
Fixed a bug which caused the minigun spinning & firing sounds to occasionally stop while the Heavy was still firing
Fixes the Loadout player model panel causing the in-game player facial animation to perform incorrectly
Fixed spectators not having the target ID labels display correctly
Fixed the cart alarm sound occasionally getting stuck on in Payload maps
-----------------------------------
I'm so mad, I have to go out to eat dinner today, so I can't play it for a few more hours! Noooo!

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Well, you'd have to unlock the Sandvich with achievements hehe. But yes, the update is today.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Awesome I have been waiting all day for this damn update to come out. My brother had been bothering me saying when is it coming out. I told him to hold his horses because of west coast time.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

adajio said:

Added server map timeleft to upper right of scoreboard

Fixed the cart alarm sound occasionally getting stuck on in Payload maps

These two are great...I hate having to type timeleft to check that...now everyone can see it on the scoreboard..."nextmap" would also be nice to have displayed, but whatever.

And damn that cart alarm was annoying!  After one round ended, sometimes the alarm would get stuck on for the entire next round...annoying.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

So I just got on and checked the achievement list and I already had 2 achievements. The one for eating 100 sandviches and killing an enemy within 5 seconds of exiting a teleporter. Is that glitch that anyone else got or am I just lucky I don't have to eat 100 sandviches?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

The sandvich:

Given this picture I think we can now safely understand the origins of the phrase found in this add:

Just look at the engineering paper and the diagram used.  I think we all know the heavy wouldn't waste time with such diagrams.

To Each Man, Responsibility

engineer is next, awesome

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453