By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet to Embarrass Xbox Live ?

LBP will be a superb game, in fact it comes loaded with 50 stages.
all 50 stages were made using LBP so no cheating.

the online and offline co-op looks superb. i especially love the way you can conjour up a vehicle for getting across parts of the level.

12 months of dl content is confirmed including many new creation tools, including a touted yet undecided sound editor.

people will be making mario levels lol.

i bet gaming personalities will make levels then uploaded and people can try them out.

day one purchase for me, in fact ps3 for me has many day one purchases this year.

next stop socom confrontation.................

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:

"is proving to the be Live's Achilles' Heel"

Yeah.. because Live is really struggling to get users in and people hate it!?

Do you know what the Achilles Heel is?

It's not something that prevents you from being strong (like achilles) but it is something that will be your downfall. This is nothing wrong with what was said with the OP but so many things wrong in your post.

I know exactly what it means... do you know what the word patronising means?    Never known a more ironic use of a word than the use of "Mature" by you.

Anyway, surely something that is your downfall ultimately prevents you from being strong.

Either way its a silly thing to have said.... if it was becoming a major problem then MS would just change their stance. 

I think you proved you don't know what it means.

Achilles was a great warrior. Immortal. Unkillable. Feared. Until he got shot in the damn ankle. Did his one weakness prevrent him from becomming a strong war who won numerous upon numerous wars/battles?

And it was never a problem for him. And who said it's a problem for the 360? No one. They could mean that it will be their downfall later on in the "war"

kowenicki said:
LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:
LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:

"is proving to the be Live's Achilles' Heel"

Yeah.. because Live is really struggling to get users in and people hate it!?

Do you know what the Achilles Heel is?

It's not something that prevents you from being strong (like achilles) but it is something that will be your downfall. This is nothing wrong with what was said with the OP but so many things wrong in your post.

I know exactly what it means... do you know what the word patronising means?    Never known a more ironic use of a word than the use of "Mature" by you.

Anyway, surely something that is your downfall ultimately prevents you from being strong.

Either way its a silly thing to have said.... if it was becoming a major problem then MS would just change their stance. 

I think you proved you don't know what it means.

Achilles was a great warrior. Immortal. Unkillable. Feared. Until he got shot in the damn ankle. Did his one weakness prevrent him from becomming a strong war who won numerous upon numerous wars/battles?

yes it did... because he died... therefore ending his winning streak........

Achilles couldnt do anything about his heel could he?   Can MS allow user content if they want... sure they can.  

Thanks for your input... isnt this patronising lark really easy!

You obviously know jack so there is no use in talking to you.

Achilles wasn't a nobody. His weakness didn't prevent him from conquering entire armies. He could have worn armor.

DirtyP2002 said:

I bet LBP is overhyped. Not a lot of people will spend more than 4 hours creating a level that could be done in 5 minutes. I don't get why everybody is so excited about this game. But I am looking forward to see how it sells.

(to continue your sentence)

"Not a lot of people will spend more than 4 hours creating a level that could be done in 5 minutes" and charge for that short piece of crap.

Seriously. Who wants to pay for custom levels ???

I've learned a great deal about Achilles today!

Around the Network

The thread title is flamebait and misleading.

It makes it seems as if the biggest flaw of Xbox Live is because LBP is a game that could not go on the service. Last time 360 fans checked, we are very happy with it tyvm. And anyhow, LBP is a RETAIL game, not a downloadable game.

Of course there are XBL restrictions. There are also PSN restrictions (need I remind you about the MGO, firmware disasters?).

And yea I have seen LBP previews and they look great but you must admit its jumping the gun too much to say its going to be a breakaway phenomenon that will warrant saying every other online service needs to accomodate LBP. (which is what I get from the title)

i want this game to fail just to see the screaming matches that would come form sony fans trying to defend their machine

I do think its a good thing that Microsoft gets poked at for some of their choices with XBL. I like XBL, but that doesn't mean I don't think it can be better. They do need to give developers and players more options with multiplayer, like the ability for players to setup dedicated servers on a Live enabled (now free) computer. I can see where a game like LBP would run into problems there.

Another example as to why competition is a good thing. I hope LBP is successful, it looks like a neat game. I don't know if its my kind of game, but it looks like a cool idea.

I give this thread a 9.6.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

I might be just me and my application of 'logic' to the situation, but the argument in the original article seems idiotic. Microsoft is choosing not have user generated content on XBox live. It therefore doesn't function as an achilles heel because if LBP becomes are ridiculously successful as the fanboys seem to think, Microsoft can just change their mind.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

I think that's the whole point of the article, that it could make Microsoft think about changing some things.

I say bring on the competition.