By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What was your Social Status like in High School?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
BenKenobi88 said:
what's a "punk" kid anyway? I'm confused on that point.

I'd imagine they'd look something like Billie Joe Armstrong...

I wanna know... what exactly is a jock? We don't use that word down here... :3

basically someone known for playing a certain sport like basketball or football that made them popular ....

I was somewhat a stoner wasn't addicted or anything only smoke when someone else provided :)

Around the Network

It's explained best in Revenge of the Nerds, the best film ever.

In that movie, somebody says "All jocks think about is sports and all nerds think about is sex" to explain why nerds are so much better at sex than jocks are.

Words to live by.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
It's explained best in Revenge of the Nerds, the best film ever.

In that movie, somebody says "All jocks think about is sports and all nerds think about is sex" to explain why nerds are so much better at sex than jocks are.

Words to live by.

I'll say. She is so impressed by his lovemaking not only does she not hold it against her that the guy basically just raped her,(not violenty but still....) she even marries him.

In real life that guy would be doing 15-20 years hard time.

We don't have a social status in my high school.......

pichu_pichu said:

We don't have a social status in my high school.......

then how do u know who to avoid and beat up on? :p

Around the Network

Nerdy!

Social Status... Never cared. I don't want to be a politician or a poser.. Sounds stupid and I'm glad we never thought of that...

I was a loner/loser that everyone wanted to be popular. Even now, despite being well liked, I prefer being alone.

fkusumot said:
twesterm said:
fkusumot said:

See Fast Times at Ridgemont High. In 1979 I was Judge Reinhold.

Please tell me you had the fast food restaurant costume...

That embarrasing event didn't take place until after HS.

Off Topic: Tommy, your mention of MTG made me flash back to one of my my embarassing (or cringe worthy) memories ever. WOTC flew me in to PTLA '98 to cover the event for my website (Magic Dojo) and I was having dinner with my significant other and some WOTC people (Richard Garfield was there!) in Long Beach during the evening. It was cool because it was a nice restaurant and it was definitely improving the image my SO had of the MTG scene. All the nice intelligent (and kind of nerdy) people from WOTC were making good conversation and everything was going well.

So Jon Finkel and his posse (David Bachman and the other Jersey guys) walk in the restaurant and get seated a couple tables down from us. I nudge my SO and point over to Finkel and say "That's one of the best MTG players in the world". At that same moment Finkel PICKS HIS NOSE AND EATS IT! Really, I could have died right there.

Wow, way to make Magic players look awesome Finkel.  :-p

Wasn't he the one that got caight cheating or something like that and then everyone started saying Finkel Shuffle?

Also I never knew you ran the Magic Dojo!  I think I use to go there way back in the day.

Psycho. I scared EVERYONE. I ran into locker bays head first, chased people off the bus by pretending I was possessed, I ate part of a textbook. Everyone was friends with me because they were afraid to be my enemy. =D