By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What was your Social Status like in High School?

Nerd but my friends were the top dogs so somewhere in the middle I guess.

Around the Network

I had a good group of friends all through school. There were really only 3 status groups....

The football team and its hangers on

The middle kids nobody cared about (i was in this group)

The retards and nerds who got beat up

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well I was a mix I would say. Played football all high school but I wasn't a stereotypical jock, but I knew all the jocks and hanged out with them here and there. I was friends with all the closet computer nerds, well pretty much we didn't seem like computer nerds but most of the school knew us as the jokers in class and just pretty cool guys.

I would put myself in between jock and middle. Cause pretty much most people knew me (like 700 people out of 1300 people at my school, 50% of the school was Hispanic and I didn't really get to know many of them except for the chill ones)

i was the weird foreign student who didn't speak english in secondary school uk, but after one year i was quite popular, i was in the soccer team, basketball team and i used to run 1000m in school races, but the first year was hard i had no idea how the english school culture works, i just knew one thing that works in every culture don't take shit from no body.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
brawl4life said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
BenKenobi88 said:
what's a "punk" kid anyway? I'm confused on that point.

I'd imagine they'd look something like Billie Joe Armstrong...

I wanna know... what exactly is a jock? We don't use that word down here... :3

basically someone known for playing a certain sport like basketball or football that made them popular ....

I was somewhat a stoner wasn't addicted or anything only smoke when someone else provided :)

Haha, you cheap bastard. ^_^

I was alright I guess.
Was popular but wasn't too popular.
I don't fit with any of those stereotypes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

top dog

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I guess I was the loner. I'd chat with most anyone, but not hangout with anyone in particular. I'd sometimes get heckled by bully type kids, but nothing serious, at least not in retrospect.

However, I went to my 10 year high school reunion in June and discovered that a lot of people remembered me fondly. Many more than I expected, so maybe I was a popular loner.

I lived a 5 minute walk away from school, so I was in and out only for the duration of my classes. I'd eat lunch at home, so I didn't have to socialize with others during a prolonged lunch break.