By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 - No crash damage. Also, is it getting delayed?

Bonafide732 said:
This is the dumbest thread yet... There have been 4 Gran Turismos People... Count em 4!!! you re just getting enough balls to complain about car damage>??? GT5 is gonna suck just because it wont Have car damage??? 8 million people dont agree with you... i for one would like car damage... but the game wont suck just because it wont have it... and yes Forza 2 is a good game but... The GT SERies is overall better... and this is coming from a person who loves both...

No. GT5 simply shouldn't be considered a racing sim, period. Apart from that, it's actually quite fun as an arcade racer.

Forza is also a fun racing game, but a simulator it ain't either.

And what does the number of GTs out on market have anything to do with people complaining about car damage?

As far as I'm concerned I've complained about the lack of damage modeling for GT the second I found out they billed the game as a simulation.

Around the Network

i mean i love forza dont get me wrong but all i see when im playing it is jaggies jaggies and more jaggies... and thats a shame becuase it runs at 60 frames per second... the art design is real weak too... and this is a real review from someone who plays the game dam near everyday...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

your mother said:
Bonafide732 said:
This is the dumbest thread yet... There have been 4 Gran Turismos People... Count em 4!!! you re just getting enough balls to complain about car damage>??? GT5 is gonna suck just because it wont Have car damage??? 8 million people dont agree with you... i for one would like car damage... but the game wont suck just because it wont have it... and yes Forza 2 is a good game but... The GT SERies is overall better... and this is coming from a person who loves both...

No. GT5 simply shouldn't be considered a racing sim, period. Apart from that, it's actually quite fun as an arcade racer.

Forza is also a fun racing game, but a simulator it ain't either.

And what does the number of GTs out on market have anything to do with people complaining about car damage?

As far as I'm concerned I've complained about the lack of damage modeling for GT the second I found out they billed the game as a simulation.

just because GT doesnt have car damage its an arcade racer thats ludacris...  the number of GT's out on the market tells you that people really dont care about car damage that much....

games like Forza and GT sell off of their visuals gameplay and style... GT has all 3

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

Bonafide732 said:

just because GT doesnt have car damage its an arcade racer thats ludacris... the number of GT's out on the market tells you that people really dont care about car damage that much....

games like Forza and GT sell off of their visuals gameplay and style... GT has all 3

...about as "ludacris" as claiming that it is, in fact, a racing simulation...

your mother said:
Bonafide732 said:

just because GT doesnt have car damage its an arcade racer thats ludacris... the number of GT's out on the market tells you that people really dont care about car damage that much....

do you even know why?? its called the real driving simulator...have you ever played GT.???

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

Around the Network
your mother said:

OK, I am ready for the Pepsi challenge. If you honestly think I have no clue what racing is, please tell me in which ways Forza's physics are inferior to GT's.

wen tove rboard with wheel lock, tuning has less of an significant affect on the car, Weight shifting has less of an affect in cornering.

Bonafide732 said:
your mother said:
Bonafide732 said:

do you even know why?? its called the real driving simulator...have you ever played GT.???

Jesus, not another guy that simply glosses over the thread and identifying only the parts deemed offensive to his/her own eyes...

Do I even know why what? That it's called the real driving simulator? I guess it's because it sounds good from a marketing standpoint? Because as a "real driving simulator" it leaves me woefully unimpressed.

Yes I have played GT. Go back and read my posts, especially the one where I've placed in

BOLD CAPS HEADING 1

that I in fact own both games, and both are fun games, but they are just that - "games" - driving simulators they ain't.

Hey Blue3, when this account gets banned are you going to make another one? Just curious.

your mother said:
Bonafide732 said:
your mother said:
Bonafide732 said:

Jesus, not another guy that simply glosses over the thread and identifying only the parts deemed offensive to his/her own eyes...

Do I even know why what? That it's called the real driving simulator? I guess it's because it sounds good from a marketing standpoint? Because as a "real driving simulator" it leaves me woefully unimpressed.

Yes I have played GT. Go back and read my posts, especially the one where I've placed in

BOLD CAPS HEADING 1

that I in fact own both games, and both are fun games, but they are just that - "games" - driving simulators they ain't.

actually i read your threads and saw that you said you owned them but the way you are talking maybe you have to ask yourself that question again...GT has more of a real driving simulation feel to it.. the way it is setup from start to finish... Forza doesnt deliver on that aspect of it...

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

I think the point here is that we are in 2007, if its labeled as simulation, it should simulate damage too, its no big deal.

If it can't simulate that (multiple games are starting to add it), it shouldnt be labeled as simulation anymore... I mean, fkn Need for Speed will have damage modelling on its next game.