By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 - No crash damage. Also, is it getting delayed?

cant believe you have me on here putting 2 series i love to death up against each other... I've been playing GT and FoRza 2 since day one... but i cant let people disrespect GT over Forza just because of the no car damage thing.. yes forza has car damage so what... the visuals and art design of the game arent even good enough for it to make a difference... i love forza to death but its true...from what i see... probably says the same thing in any reviews for the game too...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
Bonafide732 said:
cant believe you have me on here putting 2 series i love to death up against each other... I've been playing GT and FoRza 2 since day one... but i cant let people disrespect GT over Forza just because of the no car damage thing.. yes forza has car damage so what... the visuals and art design of the game arent even good enough for it to make a difference... i love forza to death but its true...from what i see... probably says the same thing in any reviews for the game too...

You are missing the point.

Both series are fantastic fun. There is no disagreement to that. I don't prefer either series, as they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

My issue is how GT bills itself as a real driving simulation when in fact it isn't. Forza isn't either, for that matter.

Feel better now?

About art direction, if you've ever seen a real driving simulator, as in the ones that Mercedes-Benz uses (the ones with hydraulic jacks moving the cabin around as you drive and you have a 360 degree view of your surroundings) have absolutely atrocious art direction, but art takes a backseat to a simulation as its the behavior and accuracy of the physics models (note the plural) that are important. In this regard, I couldn't care less if the art direction was crap. If its nice, then all the better, but again, the emphasis is on the single word "simulation".

hahaha Forza 2 isnt this the same game that crashes 360's and causes them to red ring... i would be scared to play that game if i were both of you... and this is a proven fact... look it up if yall think im lying...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Oh noes, 'Your Mother' is flaming another thread like the great chicago fire of 1871, haha. And picking fight with only other person to use their suggested signiture catch phrase, haha.

How cume 'Blue3' is not responding to fact we know he 'Woof' now?

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

URNotE said:
hahaha Forza 2 isnt this the same game that crashes 360's and causes them to red ring... i would be scared to play that game if i were both of you... and this is a proven fact... look it up if yall think im lying...

No, it's true - seems MS is covering this up... 

Around the Network
Ackmed Tepish said:
Oh noes, 'Your Mother' is flaming another thread like the great chicago fire of 1871, haha. And picking fight with only other person to use their suggested signiture catch phrase, haha.

Yeah, I know, but I can't help it with GT. It's just not a sim, no matter how you want to paint it. I'll try being more civil now, but just FYI, the name slinging started with Blue3 Woof, not me...

Edit: Funny how Forza fans don't have this issue nearly as much as GT fans - about the whole "game" vs "sim" label...

Edit: Hey Gballzack, welcome back despite the ban and your obvious abuse of the forum rules. Tread carefully, we know who you are. 

fazz said:
I think the point here is that we are in 2007, if its labeled as simulation, it should simulate damage too, its no big deal.

If it can't simulate that (multiple games are starting to add it), it shouldnt be labeled as simulation anymore... I mean, fkn Need for Speed will have damage modelling on its next game.

You'd think that in 2007, Pokemon DS wouldn't look like a GBA game but it does. Crazy isn't it?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Ackmed Tepish said:

How come you don't reveal to us how you are Gballsack?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
fazz said:
I think the point here is that we are in 2007, if its labeled as simulation, it should simulate damage too, its no big deal.

If it can't simulate that (multiple games are starting to add it), it shouldnt be labeled as simulation anymore... I mean, fkn Need for Speed will have damage modelling on its next game.

You'd think that in 2007, Pokemon DS wouldn't look like a GBA game but it does. Crazy isn't it?

...key point being "game" - it's not Pokemon DS Monster Breeding Simulation... 

Ackmed Tepish said:

hey Gballzack.