By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL Jan 2007 NPD Thread

Kwaad said: ALOT lower than I expected. I was expecting 500,000+ just because Nintendo says they have been makeing 800,000+/month. and only shipping ~350,000/month to japan.
There's something called EUROPE between the US and Japan so It would be insane if they can sell 350.000 in Japan and +400.000 in the US by makin only 800.000/month. I'm sure they are already producing at 1.000.000/month.

Now Loading... Please Wait!

Around the Network

These Wii numbers seem reasonable, in the last week or so (when I looked at the software vs the sellouts), it seemed reasonable that Wii would sell 400-700k. PS3 is in line with what I though too. Patcher always seems towards the upper end of reality, so I had PS3 selling about 250k...say 175 to 325k. I think the official number for Wii in Japan was 989k (through Dec 29). That leaves 450k or so sold in Japan in January, plus the two weeks in February and 1/2 week of December. 450k + 430K + whatever sold in Canada, Europe, Australia, etc seems to be over 1 million Wii's in January. No wonder Nintendo has trouble meeting demand... 360 sales do surprise me. Maybe the software only appeals to people who already own the hardware? Still, the hype for Lost Planet was pretty intense, and it isn't a bad game... Also, Patcher seems to have done his homework on PS3...so I expect him to be wrong next time. My overunder for PS2 outselling 360 on a month to month basis: 3 more months. As for personal predictions...yeah I completely overestimated the DS.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Kwaad said: ALOT lower than I expected. I was expecting 500,000+ just because Nintendo says they have been makeing 800,000+/month. and only shipping ~350,000/month to japan.
800.000-350.000= 450.000. And you forgot Europe, where Wii is always sold out. This means Nintendo is making much more than 800.000/month

Awesome ,Bunkum will become the idol of these boards !! Very good numbers for Nintendo ,lower than expected but those 500k predictions were simply too high .In any case 430k is a hell of a lot of consoles for a non-holidays month . The DS continues to sell extremely well ,it has obviously reduced its numbers in a great margin but still 389K is HUGE numbers . Good numbers for the PS3 ,I expected some 300K but this is nearly that number.....Now I expect some people to stop their viral marketing about the console "collecting dust in the shelves " please . Playstation 2 remains strong and beats agains the X360 ....its sales should come to an end one day but for the moment it remains very strong .I expected the PS2 to beat the X360 until the PS3 started to do so but apparently both will beat the X360 from now on . X360 ....well it isnt a flop but its worse than last year month and just in the line of last year around 200-240K units per month ... PSP ,also in the same line as pre-christmas ....a dissapointment with its strong sales in november and december .I expect games out in february as Pirates! ,Gurumin ,Ratchet & Clank ,Rainbow Six Vegas ,The Warriors ,Chili Con Carnage and all the others can push the handheld next month close to 200k again .

I still have reservations about the ranking though and I'm gonna channel some neogaffness here and say that bunkum might be pulling vgcahrt's delicate chains. Oh, and this is the start of the decline of the 360, if true.

Around the Network

It's a trap!

Is there more than one bunkum...? The numbers are a bit too close to Patcher for my taste...but they still could be true..or near the truth

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

From NeoGaf

Originally Posted by bunkum: Just got in, VGChart bunkum poster is an imposter nowt to do with me

Well bunkum has posted the numbers before, look at the previous NPD threads http://www.vgcharts.org/forum/thread.php?id=182 Why have the numbers been removed???

TheSource said: Is there more than one bunkum...? The numbers are a bit too close to Patcher for my taste...but they still could be true..or near the truth
That's the smelly and farty part.