By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm buying a PS3!!!

wow.....i can't believe this.....are you serious ???

Around the Network

If you`re into Blue-ray,then yes,go for it. Heavenly Sword is a good game,i liked it.Also buy MGS 4,it`s good. Resistance is an average shooter,and Uncharted has no multyplayer. God of War 3 will be a blast.
So there you go,enjoy your system that costs an arm and a leg to the average player,you are getting a lot of what you want from the system.

Burgles said:
Groucho said:
Good for you, Burgles. I will have a lot more respect for your PS3-dissing now, that I know you at least have some perspective. ;)

Well yes, my only genuine dig at the PS3 is the lack of games that aren't already on the 360.

If games like GOW3 and some more MGS4 type classic PS2 heavy hitters were on it exclusively then it would be a no brainer. I very rarely buy 360 games normally just play copies except for some special editions (I'm being honest here, please don't jump and pounce on top of me).

Copies just aren't as much fun as the real thing as I've lost "respect" for games in general, end up not really playing anything!

I'm surprised the moralists ignored this post lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Staude said:
ecurbj said:
Also, don't get Heavenly Sword that game is pretty as far as graphics are concerned, but gameplay-wise that game sucks. It's totally repetitive, there is absolutely nothing new to it other than press the X button the whole game.

I remember twesterm uploaded a video demonstrating him playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and eating with another...lol

what are you talking about.. it's an awesome game.. especially gameplay wise.. the sixaxis controls in it are awesome !.. i still once a while grab the controller to replay the parts where you shoot shit up :p

This is why I disagree...It is a decent game but quickly can be beaten and is easily repetitive:

IGN Review: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/815/815721p1.html

IGN Closing Comments (Recommended or not):

Heavenly Sword comes very close to being great, but nearly every element of its design falls short in one way or another. The combo system is quite good, though it has a few holes (like no specific block button). The battles quickly become very repetitive due to a lack of interesting enemies and the "arena" battles that frequently pause your progress. Kai's sniper missions work well in theory but can be overly long, and some of the extra bits like the button matching mini-games needed a bit more fine-tuning. Heavenly Sword's presentation is stellar and nicely ties the action sequences together, but we just wish that the same amount of care that went into these cutscenes were applied to the game's pacing.

IGN Ratings on Heavenly Sword:

9.0 Presentation
The cutscene work is fantastic, as are the extras (even though you can get most of them freely online).
9.0 Graphics
Beautiful in every respect. Character models are great, and the vistas are a-plenty.
9.0 Sound
Sound effects are fantastic as is the music and voice work.
7.0 Gameplay
The combat system is mostly very good, though the battles get repetitive very quickly and some of the extra stuff (like the button matching mini-games) needed more polish.
5.0 Lasting Appeal
The experience is over fairly quickly. There are a number of really good unlockables to go back and earn, though you can already get them online right now.
Decent

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

forevercloud3000 said:
ecurbj said:
Also, don't get Heavenly Sword that game is pretty as far as graphics are concerned, but gameplay-wise that game sucks. It's totally repetitive, there is absolutely nothing new to it other than press the X button the whole game.

I remember twesterm uploaded a video demonstrating him playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and eating with another...lol

dont listen to this guy, he sounds like someone who never COMPLETED the game. I assure you if you attemt to fight every single fight with X or Triangle (the two attack buttons) you WILL die. That game is by far the deepest action game I have ever played besides God of War (both by sony). The combat emphasizes reaction which for some reason turns ppl off.  It allows the player with the steady hand to time their attacks just right and trounce the enemy. It is a duel of the mind and body (at least Nariko's).

And about that vid. I think I know of the one you are talking about. That video is LAME becuz it is only fighting the demo's battle (Which was a very early battle to begin with) so of course it was easy. Unless you have seen a video of someone defeating Flying Fox(a real freaking awsome boss) with one hand I dont want to hear the lies.

Recommendations:

Heavenly Sword

Assassin's Creed

MGS4

Super Stardust HD

FolkLore

I mean, let's be real I'm not hating on the game or sipping Hate-o-rade. It's just I read the review on IGN and they said the game can easily be beaten in less than 6 hours and its highly repetitive. I listen to reviews for a warning on whether games are worth the $60 tag. And certainly Heavenly Sword isn't. But at $40 or a rent. It's certainly worth playing.

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
ecurbj said:

This from the guy that is going to buy Army of Two? Really?

Heavenly Sword is actually a pretty fun game, its just short as hell. A good rent really.

Get Pain, its a good time sink.

Army of Two isn't a bad game. If your playing it with a friend on co-op, its a decent play through. And the single-player is plagued by the somewhat stupid A.I. partner you have. So thats why the game was really reviewed sub-par.

Heavenly Sword like I said is a decent game, but I will play it or own it at a really low price tag like $40 or lower. Or I should rent the game.

ecurbj said:

Boo! I can't disagree more. Heavenly Sword was a lot of fun. I don't see how you mention Army of Two and good in the same list, but spout hate upon HS. Did play through the game?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ecurbj said:

Yes ,that video was fake ...it wasnt twestern ,just some silly thing he downloaded from the net.Probably a prerendered video.He did the special moves that need the circle button to be released by pressing non stop X.Really crap fake.

I suppose the aftertouch element for the throws  of HS dont seem too innovative to you.Let us know when you see something like it on the 360 please.

Burgles said:

Well just thought I'd let the people who hate my 360 rantings know, I'm getting a PS3. As soon as the 80GB models are released, I'm renewing my mobile contract and will have one in around 6 weeks at a guess.

I'm mainly after the Bluray playback in all honesty.

Well, lucky you... I might be getting one too early September, if the price is nice... Otherwise, I'll wait for a $100 cut!

outlawauron said:
ecurbj said:

Boo! I can't disagree more. Heavenly Sword was a lot of fun. I don't see how you mention Army of Two and good in the same list, but spout hate upon HS. Did play through the game?

Army of Two...Plain and simple. IGN said the game is decent and its fun because of its multiplayer. Heavenly Sword is just simply repetitive and is short. How many darn times do I have to explain this?!?

I'm not hating on the game at all, I'm just warning Burgles from getting the game. It's his personal perference on getting the game.