By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm buying a PS3!!!

Will defo be getting Tekken 6 when it comes out...

I gotta say also that the fact the PS3 is region free for games is also very good. Its a shame because I'd really like to actually buy Tales of Vesperia on the 360, but I'm sure it will be region locked and won't be out till 2009 in europe.

:(

PS3 needs more of those classic PS2 franchises!

Where's my Jak and Daxter!!!!! Jak games were bloody great, good story, good humour, good graphics, interesting environments!

Anyways I'm sure they will be there in due course.

(I did have more than 50 games on the PS2, I'm not completely "anti-sony"!)

Around the Network

Get PixelJunk Eden, too.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Enjoy.

ecurbj said:
Also, don't get Heavenly Sword that game is pretty as far as graphics are concerned, but gameplay-wise that game sucks. It's totally repetitive, there is absolutely nothing new to it other than press the X button the whole game.

I remember twesterm uploaded a video demonstrating him playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and eating with another...lol

dont listen to this guy, he sounds like someone who never COMPLETED the game. I assure you if you attemt to fight every single fight with X or Triangle (the two attack buttons) you WILL die. That game is by far the deepest action game I have ever played besides God of War (both by sony). The combat emphasizes reaction which for some reason turns ppl off.  It allows the player with the steady hand to time their attacks just right and trounce the enemy. It is a duel of the mind and body (at least Nariko's).

And about that vid. I think I know of the one you are talking about. That video is LAME becuz it is only fighting the demo's battle (Which was a very early battle to begin with) so of course it was easy. Unless you have seen a video of someone defeating Flying Fox(a real freaking awsome boss) with one hand I dont want to hear the lies.

Recommendations:

Heavenly Sword

Assassin's Creed

MGS4

Super Stardust HD

FolkLore

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

"I can't think of anymore game really I can be sure I'd like, is Heavenly sword and Folklore quite similar? Are they old fashioned action RPGs...Quite interested in any JRPG stuff (turn based, or SO3 style)."

Heavenly sword is a hack and slash while folklore is more of a mix between mystery, hack n slash and pokemon. No joke, they both are amaing.

Around the Network

I have another suggestion, but this one is not game related. Seeing as though you might want to pimp out your XMB with custom themes.

You should check out allps3themes.com, you can even make your own. And they even have X360 ones for the ones who just cant let go. I even rocked the Gears 2 theme on my XMB.

What's best is that it's FREE. Unlike you know, getting nickel and dimed on Live just to have a nice theme for the ol' blades.

id try Resistance,its a fun game with that playstation feel.you might like it.dont try the demo(its horrid).

heavenly sword is great,,,don't pass it up atleast give it a try,,,,beautiful and epic with great story line(if you like hack and slash that is)

don't forget the new ratchet and clank :quest for booty,,,it will come out in 2 weeks and it's priced at $14.99.

as for resistance ,,if you can get pass its graphics  which were very good for a lunch title but not so hot now,,,,the game play is very fast paced and fun.

ecurbj said:
Also, don't get Heavenly Sword that game is pretty as far as graphics are concerned, but gameplay-wise that game sucks. It's totally repetitive, there is absolutely nothing new to it other than press the X button the whole game.

I remember twesterm uploaded a video demonstrating him playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and eating with another...lol

This from the guy that is going to buy Army of Two? Really?

Heavenly Sword is actually a pretty fun game, its just short as hell. A good rent really.

Get Pain, its a good time sink.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I concur with the Heavenly Sword and Folklore appreciation. Both are great games. Heavenly Sword's only real fault is that it is way too short -- i.e. we all wanted a lot more of it. It was too short to be worth $60, but its a great buy at $20, IMO.

Folklore is a RPG at heart... a bit different from your stock FF-clone JRPG, but in a good way. Its a lot of fun, if you like RPGs, and very much under-appreciated. As such its hard to find in stores anymore, although, since it was published (and developed?) by Sony, you'll no doubt see it as a "Greatest Hits" one of these days.  At least I would hope so -- I don't recall that it put up impressive numbers, so it might not make the cut for a reprint.