By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm buying a PS3!!!

Well just thought I'd let the people who hate my 360 rantings know, I'm getting a PS3. As soon as the 80GB models are released, I'm renewing my mobile contract and will have one in around 6 weeks at a guess.

I'm mainly after the Bluray playback in all honesty.

But I will be renting

MGS4

Ratchet & Clank TOD

Unchartered

GT5 Prologue

These games will be "missing in the post". I will then own them.

I can't think of anymore game really I can be sure I'd like, is Heavenly sword and Folklore quite similar? Are they old fashioned action RPGs...Quite interested in any JRPG stuff (turn based, or SO3 style).

Thanx :)

Around the Network

There are some pretty good PSN games

Everyday Shooter
Pixeljunk Eden
Flow
Echochrome

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Super Stardust HD is also great
It is Uncharted, not Unchartered

Also Heavenly Sword is certainly worth a rent

Renewing your mobile contract gets you a PS3?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

PS3 games I recommend and that I will be buying:

Army of Two
Assassin’s Creed
Battlefield: Bad Company
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Calling All Cars! (PSN)
Devil May Cry 4
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
Echochrome (PSN)
F.E.A.R.
Folklore
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
MotorStorm
NBA Street Homecourt
Need for Speed: Carbon
Piyotama (PSN)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ridge Racer 7
Rock Band
Sing Star
Siren: Blood Curse (PSN)
Snakeball (PSN)
Soulcalibur IV
Super Stardust HD (PSN)
Tekken: Dark Resurrection (PSN)
The Godfather: The Don’s Edition
The Orange Box
Time Crisis 4
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Vegas
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
Virtua Fighter 5
Warhawk
WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2008

Around the Network

I think you should definitely buy Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Super Stardust HD. These three games really make the console shine in my opinion. You will own two of those games anyway.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction looks like a fun game, but I never played the other ones for more than 5 minutes, so I got lost in its Ratchetness (from the demo I've played).

Just giving my two cents! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Also, don't get Heavenly Sword that game is pretty as far as graphics are concerned, but gameplay-wise that game sucks. It's totally repetitive, there is absolutely nothing new to it other than press the X button the whole game.

I remember twesterm uploaded a video demonstrating him playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and eating with another...lol

wow, good for you. maybe this help you troll a litle less.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
ecurbj said:
Also, don't get Heavenly Sword that game is pretty as far as graphics are concerned, but gameplay-wise that game sucks. It's totally repetitive, there is absolutely nothing new to it other than press the X button the whole game.

I remember twesterm uploaded a video demonstrating him playing Heavenly Sword with one hand and eating with another...lol

The attack buttons are actually Square and Triangle, and some variations with L1 and R1... I thought you played the game?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
ecurbj said:

The attack buttons are actually Square and Triangle, and some variations with L1 and R1... I thought you played the game?

The demo explains it all...and IGN review explains it all...twesterm gameplay video of the game explains it all...it brings nothing new.

If he wants a game like that...God of War is knocking at his door.

Only if he hasn't played God of War.

Edit: This isn't bashing the game its more like a warning. Renting I can understand, but owning thats a no no...