By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If it's in a partially closed off space it will over heat, it happend to me before. Just pull it out but don't unplug it an you will be fine. If not get sony to repair it :)

Around the Network

send it to me i'll use it as a grill for my bbq

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

not to throw this too off topic, but why do so many stands for tvs, have closed in cabinets? have they never owned electronic devices or do they want them to fail ... have some sort of pact with manufacturers of electronics.... of if they are open they have 2 shelves which you can only fit 2 consoles on each.... and not verticaly to put more on a shelf.....

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

a lot of ps3 broken, brought in my shop.
Blue ray player is very fragile. Sony assistance sucks, while MS assistance is fast and ready.

DOATS1 said:
Soriku said:

Microsoft paid to kill it.

That sucks. Doesn't Sony do repairs though?

They do, but it's a launch PS3, the 1 year warranty is over. So I may not get free servicing. But cougarman has given me hope.

happened to my friend (who ironically is the biggest sony fanboy EVER) and he had to pay $100 something to get a replacement out of warranty.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

...Strange, have the" ps3 is broken" stories started creeping out in force lately or is it just me? Mind that it's nowhere RROD levels but stories about the 60GB skus suddenly giving up have become much more common.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

DOATS1 said:

Yep, my PS3 has official had it. I was casually browsing the web on the PS3, then all of a sudden I hear a click, instantly after; the screen goes blank, I hear 3 beeps, and the red light starts flashing. I turn it off and turn it on again, and it does exactly the same thing. The manual says that's it's just due to overheating, but all I was doing was browsing the web, and the fan speed wasn't that high. So I recon it's something far worse than that.

I've looked on the web, and people have claimed that removing the hard drive and starting the system up does the trick, but I wanted to know if there are any other solutions, plus, my soul calibur 4 disc is still inside!

It's a day 1 launch 60gb PS3, will sony still take it in for repair? Or do I have to buy a new BC-less one?

Looks like me and my 360 are going to get really close from now on.

Replace the HDD before you send it back to Sony. They will charge you around $150 to fix it and will replace your broken system with another 60gb model (probably refurb) or just fix yours. My PS3 is broken also (disk error via firmware corruption) , but they guarateed me my fixed condole or a 60gb BC PS3. The process should take 3 weeks to 1 month, if reformating your HDD doesn't work. God speed.

P.S. I think there's a good chance it's your power supply that's fucked. Maybe a bug jammed the fans?

allergic said:
Blue ray player is very fragile. Sony assistance sucks, while MS assistance is fast and ready.

Practice makes perfect.

It was probably cause of overheating if you kept it in a place not well ventilated. Also keep it high off the ground and nowhere near the carpet.

allergic said:

Practice makes perfect.

Lol no wonder sony assistance doesn't know what to do because its only happened to 30,000 of there consoles compared to 5-6 million of microsofts

Joseph, that was kind of mean. You better go sit in time out before I call your parents. lol! j/k

Sony's assistance does suck. I don't know a thing about Microsoft's. (though some of my 360 loving friends said they rrod again after sending their 360's in to Ms.)

Sony made me wait 14 months to fix my ps2. I was like "fuck this" and bought a new slimmer modeled one.