By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dark Knight and Iron Man Blu-Ray Effect on PS3 Sales

With 2 of the biggest blockbusters ever coming out on blu ray, how will that affect ps3 sales and sway people from 360?  Not to mention hellboy, kung-fu panda, wall-e, indiana jones, hancock

Around the Network

Probably not at all.

well im buying the dark knight on blu ray.but as far as them moving the ps3 goes...very small effect if any at all.

Huge DVD sales, ok Blu-ray sales, nonexistent effect on the PS3.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Gee willikers batman, I must go buy ps3 just so I can play blu-ray and watch batman in HD...even if I have seen it Imax twice now....

Around the Network

Both should do decent on BR, especially Dark Knight but I doubt they'll specifically move BR players or PS3s.

Um.... what did the widely successful Spider-Man3 on bluray BUNDLED IN with a ps3 do???

4 ≈ One

If they are lucky they may be a lot like what The Fifth Element and The Matrix were to DVD ...

These movies didn't drive that many people to buy DVD players, but when people did decide that it was time to upgrade these movies were two of the most commonly purchased first DVDs.

It depends on how much Sony pays Best Buy and Circuit City to advertise the PS3 as a Blu-ray player

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

It could have a decent effect. PS3s being advertised as BR players with the most features. It could do pretty well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.