By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Does anyone of you guys have the iPhone? I'm curious about how it works. I know someone on my PSN buddy list that has it and he isnt very impressed with it.

Does anyone else have it? Does the internet work fast? My wifes 100$ sprint phone can download at 140KBYTE/second. I just came from the AT&T network, and their internet speeds suck. The iPhone is a... next gen internet phone. Shouldnt it have good internet? Not the worst? How does it work?

Alot of phone reviews are just saying the iPhone is crap! Is it? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

nope im about to get a similar phone called the mogul.. for sprint..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

It seems overpriced to me, Apple is well known for making a good profit off of hardware sales but when it's a mobile phone in which they'll be making money off the plans people purchase with it you'd think they'd give consumers a break. Of course it's selling out so it's obviously not overpriced to a lot of people.

I dislike multifunction devices and would rather have a cell-phone, PDA and MP3 player being 3 seperate devices ... At the current price of the iPhone I think having seperate devices is still cheaper too.

Bonafide732 said:
nope im about to get a similar phone called the mogul.. for sprint..

You like downloading videos... :P The iPhone is hard pressed to do audio. Sprint rocks. 100% worth the money.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
I dislike multifunction devices and would rather have a cell-phone, PDA and MP3 player being 3 seperate devices ... At the current price of the iPhone I think having seperate devices is still cheaper too.

I agree.

Get a iPod Video, and get a Mogul from sprint, and you have a 2x better video/audio player, and a 2x better phone, and 10-20x faster internet speeds... for the same price. 

We'll have to see how the sales hold up. I'm sure we've all seen Video Game systems launch to enormous fanfare, only to settle into moderate sales once the fanatics had all gotten their system. N64 comes to mind (outside of America). If it's still selling extremely well 3 months from now, I think it's safe to say that Apple has a winner regardless of any reservations we may have.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen this, watch this -- it's hilarious.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail%3bjsessionid=66434CA6FE6500D6A04B9F946D779145?contentId=3641729&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Synopsis: woman shows up at Apple store with 100,000 dollars in cash. Woman pays off 800 dollars to get first spot in line from some schmoe. She tells Camera crew that she's going to buy all the iPhones in the store and sell them on eBay. If you've ever been to a video game console opening day, I think you can already see where this is heading :p

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

We'll have to see how the sales hold up. I'm sure we've all seen Video Game systems launch to enormous fanfare, only to settle into moderate sales once the fanatics had all gotten their system. N64 comes to mind (outside of America). If it's still selling extremely well 3 months from now, I think it's safe to say that Apple has a winner regardless of any reservations we may have.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail%3bjsessionid=66434CA6FE6500D6A04B9F946D779145?contentId=3641729&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Synopsis: woman shows up at Apple store with 100,000 dollars in cash. Woman pays off 800 dollars to get first spot in line from some schmoe. She tells Camera crew that she's going to buy all the iPhones in the store and sell them on eBay. If you've ever been to a video game console opening day, I think you can already see where this is heading :p

Saw that one comming but still nice to see ...

I hate scalpers (and speculative investors in general) because they take advantage of tight demand and artificially inflate the price of a product. I take joy when they find their plans falling apart. Currently I'm getting a lot of joy from watching the housing market locally where people are starting to lose thousands of dollars because the market has stagnated and will soon be dropping.

Bodhesatva said:

omg. That's great!

And to make it funnier... E-Bay

Seems to be selling them for what they cost. HAHAHAHAHAHA She made a killing off them!