By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Russia Invades Georgia

How did this thread about Russia invading South Ossetia become about the United States?

Around the Network
stof said:
MrBubbles said:
the US can win any conventionally fought war.

um... Iraq?

yeah...they did exceedingly well.  twice even.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

ssj12 said:
largedarryl said:
ssj12 said:
stof said:
MrBubbles said:
the US can win any conventionally fought war.

um... Iraq?

thats not really a real war. Its more of a bunch of troops shooting people in a battle. a real war is like the cold war, gulf war, WWII.

The Vietnam war and desert storm?

Vietnam we stated that we were going to help the Vietnese. Desert Storm was similar to what we are doing now in Iraq and Desert Shield was something close to that... cant think of how to explain it right now.

Except that both of those wars should be considered conventional.  Vietnam was to help South Vietnam(even though it could be disputed that the population never wanted help) and desert storm was more like the first week of the current Iraq war, not the last 2 years.

@Words, everything revolves around the US ;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/georgia/2525400/Georgia-Russia-enters-into-war-in-South-Ossetia.html

Over 1,300 people are reported dead after Russian forces responded to a Georgian attack on rebels in the breakaway province of South Ossetia by mounting a full scale invasion.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Words Of Wisdom said:
How did this thread about Russia invading South Ossetia become about the United States?

dtg and darryl

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Kasz216 said:
Hm China is finally buying a carrier eh? They really need to up their Naval game to be a world military power.

They have the worlds largest airforce (allegedly) so they are okay in respect

Airforce really doesn't help force projection.

You need a strong navy with a backbone of carriers.

Kasz216 said:
colonelstubbs said:
Kasz216 said:
Hm China is finally buying a carrier eh? They really need to up their Naval game to be a world military power.

They have the worlds largest airforce (allegedly) so they are okay in respect

Airforce really doesn't help force projection.

You need a strong navy with a backbone of carriers.

And/or air bases all over the world (but the US has a monopoly on that ).

Desert Storm was a win. So was this Iraq war... conventionally. Once it broke down to a nonconventional war however...

as for Vietnam. That was a loss because they refused to actually fight it conventionally. Even then that "loss" resulted in casualties that were much heavier on the side of the vietnese.

Had it kept going the US would of won the conventional war of attrician and found itself in an Iraq situation.

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
And the news networks right now?

Covering John McCain, a bus crash and some criminal who refused a visit from his brother.

Nice.

typical news media

It was all over FOX when I woke up this morning.

According to Georgia, Russia is bombing civil infrastructure outside South Ossetia, and Georgia will declare martial law in a few hours.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L8218534.htm

Escalation?