By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Russia Invades Georgia

Hm China is finally buying a carrier eh? They really need to up their Naval game to be a world military power.

Around the Network

CNN is talking about this right now.

EDIT: They never really said anything interresting, just a basic summary of what has happened then talking about coutries condemning it, then a quick word on what mcCain and Obama said about.

Kasz216 said:
Hm China is finally buying a carrier eh? They really need to up their Naval game to be a world military power.

They have the worlds largest airforce (allegedly) so they are okay in respect

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I've seen an interesting theory at another forum...

Georgia is very friendly with NATO, although it's not part of NATO (the same situation as Ukraine). What if part of Russia's objective is simply to show countries in their situation that NATO won't really protect them once the shit hits the fan?

In short, this could be just a way for Russia to decrease NATO's credibility.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Griffin said:
DTG said:
colonelstubbs said:
How long before Team America is called?

Russia has a larger nuclear stockpile than America. It is also on very friendly terms with China which is the worlds newest superpower. It would be suicidal for America to engage the situation when it cannot even prevail against a bunch of children and grandpa's carrying home made bombs in Iraq.

Nukes have no really use since the US has the power to send the entire world back to the stone age.  They also have the ability to pump out nuclear missiles at an alariming rate if they need to.  The US army is made to fight other armies not go door to door looking for old women who hide AK's and bombs under their clothes.  The US is the worlds biggest military power and no other countries have the power to match what the US can do.

The US couldn't win in Vietnam and it can't win in Iraq. While it has the largest military budget the US military is all but incapable of winning wars. The Chinese military budget is expected to surpass the US military budget by 2025. Russia's military though downsized is still very powerful capable of operating on a global scale. While the US can send the world back into a stone age Russia can do that ten times over with a larger nuclear stockpile than the us. It's called MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction. If the US were to attack Russia then both countries would invariably be sent back a few thousand years under a hail of nuclear weapons. The US can only attack and possibly prevail against countries that do not have the nuclear power to murder millions of civilians in the US homeland. Russia and China do not need to answer to the public, both are more or less authoritarian, The US pulic however would not allow it's government to sacrifice millions of lives in a pointless war.

Around the Network
largedarryl said:
NJ5 said:
largedarryl said:
I hear a lot of US rhetoric and misinformation being spouted here. I think there is far to little information for us to make any type of a judgement on these events.

Also, this is very bad, and I predict a nice spike in oil prices coming very soon.

Could you be more specific as to what posts are spouting that rhetoric and misinformation?

I don't really want to piont people out, but MrBubbles post about Russia wanting control of Georgia again is speculation based on US propaganda (sorry MrBubbles, but I needed to pick someone).  I had read some comments on other forums and kind of trailed it into my post.

if Putin can be considered US propaganda...then yes.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

DTG said:
Griffin said:
DTG said:
colonelstubbs said:
How long before Team America is called?

Russia has a larger nuclear stockpile than America. It is also on very friendly terms with China which is the worlds newest superpower. It would be suicidal for America to engage the situation when it cannot even prevail against a bunch of children and grandpa's carrying home made bombs in Iraq.

Nukes have no really use since the US has the power to send the entire world back to the stone age.  They also have the ability to pump out nuclear missiles at an alariming rate if they need to.  The US army is made to fight other armies not go door to door looking for old women who hide AK's and bombs under their clothes.  The US is the worlds biggest military power and no other countries have the power to match what the US can do.

The US couldn't win in Vietnam and it can't win in Iraq. While it has the largest military budget the US military is all but incapable of winning wars. The Chinese military budget is expected to surpass the US military budget by 2025. Russia's military though downsized is still very powerful capable of operating on a global scale. While the US can send the world back into a stone age Russia can do that ten times over with a larger nuclear stockpile than the us. It's called MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction. If the US were to attack Russia then both countries would invariably be sent back a few thousand years under a hail of nuclear weapons. The US can only attack and possibly prevail against countries that do not have the nuclear power to murder millions of civilians in the US homeland. Russia and China do not need to answer to the public, both are more or less authoritarian, The US pulic however would not allow it's government to sacrifice millions of lives in a pointless war.

According to 'We Were Soldiers' Mel Gibson led the American army to victory. I think you need some history lessons. Mel Gibson is never wrong

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Kasz216 said:

They have the worlds largest airforce (allegedly) so they are okay in respect

better watch out for the cessnas

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Guys, lets not go overboard here. This conflict is not going to lead to a U.S. war with China (the Russia/China "friendship" is tenuous at best) and it's not going to lead to a new cold war.

It's a horrific occurrence and it does have the potential to destabilize the region for some time, but it will most likely stay fairly localized.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

this kinda makes me sick but while this is going on the big story in the states is the fact that Edwards the one politician had an affair and is saying he didn't have a kid.....so sad that is more important then what could lead to a major war