By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Russia Invades Georgia

colonelstubbs said:
"Earlier Friday, Russian military aircraft dropped two bombs on Georgian territory, a Georgian official said, causing no casualties. Georgian officials also report four Russian aircraft shot down."

Sounds like Georgia are doing okay against the red army

I would like independent confirmation on that just to make sure that this is not Baghdad Bob's new gig.

But yeah, this totally sucks for the Georgians and other Russians neighbours (Russia flexing its muscles).

Looks like we are witnessing History in the making

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network

They messed with Russia so it's going to get ugly..... XC

russia has bombed "key facilities for shipping oil to the West. " why in the world would they need to do that i wonder?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Xen said:
Georgia is the aggressor, 1400 people - dead. I hope Russia manages to lead to the removal of the Georgian prez, he's to blame.

i hope some goes to get putin for all the dead chechens

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Words Of Wisdom said:
How did this thread about Russia invading South Ossetia become about the United States?

Same way every thread about the PS3 and 360 becomes about the Wii?

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network
Sri Lumpa said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
How did this thread about Russia invading South Ossetia become about the United States?

Same way every thread about the PS3 and 360 becomes about the Wii?

colonelstubbs said:
DTG said:
colonelstubbs said:
How long before Team America is called?

Russia has a larger nuclear stockpile than America. It is also on very friendly terms with China which is the worlds newest superpower. It would be suicidal for America to engage the situation when it cannot even prevail against a bunch of children and grandpa's carrying home made bombs in Iraq.

Ouch

DTG you are in need of a ban.  The US is facing more than that and the real threat is in Afghanistan near the Kush mtns.  Iraq is doing well now.

The recent update from Reuters is that Russia is sending in more troops into the warzone, they will also be sending in elite troops shortly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7550804.stm

Sounds like Russia has set out to pacify the area. Fucking idiots, they are basically forcing Georgia into all out war as they won't let South Ossetia split from them without a fight...

btw...russia is refusing to accept a cease fire. interesting isnt it?

Russia arms the rebels in ossetia... has them violate a cease fire with georgia...georgia responds and then russia goes in. russians up to their old tricks.