By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ADMIN: The Wii counts are WAY off!!

I just bought mine today and you are short by at least 3 I saw them personally get purchased the second ups brought them to my gamestop. Glorious days....oh glorious days.... All I have to say is its the best $270 I have ever spent. Now I need to find wii play and an extra nunchuck. Then rent games to see which other ones I want, excluding zelda of course. Recommendations?

Around the Network

All of the following are worth playing at least once on Wii: Must Buy: Zelda Wii Sports (but already included) Great Old School Games for the Virtual Console: Gunstar Heroes (In my top 10 games of all time...) Sonic the Hedgehog Street Fighter Zelda (VC) Super Mario World Super Mario 64 Mario Kart 64 Consider Buying: Madden Elebits Trauma Center Wario Ware Raving Rabbits Rent to see if you like: Monkey Ball Excite Truck Red Steel Might be good, but yet to be reviewed/released (but to be released by March): SSX Blur Godfather Sonic: The Secret Rings Avoid at all costs: Far Cry Barnyard To optimize Wii: Get the Opera Browser Get the Vote Channel Get the News Channel Use the Shop Use the Photo Channel (probably the most under rated feature of the Wii) The Weather Channel is pretty worthless though if you live in an area like I do where forecasts change almost by the minute. The host site updates rather rarely.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Yay! Definitely get some Virtual Console games if you want...the N64 games, Gunstar Heroes, Zelda, etc. Excite Truck actually wasn't that bad...with the right friends it's pretty fun. Definitely get SSX Blur when it comes out...it's lookin good. Sonic and The Secret Rings...no clue. It's looking better than the Sonic The Hedgehog games for PS3 and 360, but I still don't know if it's worth it. The Wii Browser is great...you can play lots of flash games easily now, and there's that web service that lets you play media on your computer network if you have it shared.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Enjoy it. Did yours come with any of the new channels?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

It came with the news and forcast channel already loaded. I had a little trouble getting it to play nicely with my router. All I had to do was tell it to you a different DNS. Once online I downloaded the voting channel and opera browser. Question, will we have to actually purchase the wii browser in June/July when it is no longer a free trial? It seems that it might happen like that. I created a few Mii's, played the hell out of sports. Unfortunately had to play solo as I could not find a wii-mote or wii play anywhere. Will try again today. The only reason I got one is I finally got a nice manager who told me approx when he was receiving his stock. Got there about 20min before that and was first in line. By the time it showed up the 3 he was getting were spoken for by me, some other guy about my age, 31, and a 40+ yr old. I queried the manager about how sales have been and he said that the Wii is sold like this everytime in every gamestop/ebgames in town. Not in the store for more than a few mins. However, the PS3, which was sold out at that time, usually stays in stock for a week or so. EDIT: Got Wii play today w/ nunchuck.

Around the Network

Yea, i got my Wii on release, and i still don't have a single game on it (except Wii Sports). Why? Cause im very disapointed to those games, and im not Zelda fan. Other games on Wii just suck! I have been playing my old Gamecube games, mostly Resident Evil and Metroid Prime. I like Wii as a console very much, but i want good games. Developers should use the unique controller more efficiently, and graphics should be much better too. I have a X360 too, so i can play Gears and wait those good Wii games. :) This was my first message in here. :) I live in Finland, so my text might have some mistakes, cause we don't speak english. Although, english is teached in schools here...

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

Which console is best for each person depends on their taste, Saddler, and unfortunately that causes the most problems for board discussions (besides the fact that people are too eager to insult each other). As it's been said, developers got caught with their pants down. Think about it. If someone said this time last year that the Revolution/Wii would be outselling the PS3 on a 3-1 base, who in their right minds would have believed you? We'll finally start to get some "designed for Wii" games in the next few months with Sonic and the Secret Rings, SSX Blur, Super Paper Mario (I trust Nintendo to do a great job with it) but I am not sure when these titles wil be released in europe however. I don't recall what titles come out here next month either, but there are supposed to be at least 6-7 for Wii alone.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

superchunk said: Question, will we have to actually purchase the wii browser in June/July when it is no longer a free trial? It seems that it might happen like that.
According to a recent interview, those who downloads the trial version won't have to purchase it (I can't find the link!)

Now Loading... Please Wait!

My question is... when they release a new version of it... will you have to buy it? Because the beta is really lacking in features. So when they release the new version, and sell it for 10$... you will just HAVE... to buy it. Also, Saddler - be careful what you say about the Wii. 90% of people here are Wii Fanatics. They will stick 'troll' on your forehead. *swats the wii fanboys away with his troll club* :)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

*swats the wii fanboys away with his troll club*
*ducks under swing* HA! *smacks Kwaad in the face with a flyswatter* :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.