By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ADMIN: The Wii counts are WAY off!!

Wait a minute.... I got a friggin Gundam for an avatar... why the hell am I dodging a club and attacking with a flyswatter?

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

My point on games is... Well... Developers knew what they were working with over a year ago. Games like... Need For Speed... if the game got better than 1 out of 10... the reviewer gave it however many points over 1, just for being un-usual. I would like to see the Wii succeed. But the Wii has a major lack of software.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

To be fair, noone outside of virtual reality type platform developers (the Virtuality system comes to mind) has really developed for a system like the Wii. It's an interesting platform primarily due to its control method. Software that's given more time will tend to utilize the Wii's strengths. The same can be said with any new hardware platform to be sure, but even so the Wii is not built to be a typical game console. It was built to provide new types of gameplay out of the box. We'll be seeing an evolution of 3D interfaces on the Wii, and I for one find that quite an exciting prospect.

Kwaad said: My question is... when they release a new version of it... will you have to buy it? Because the beta is really lacking in features. So when they release the new version, and sell it for 10$... you will just HAVE... to buy it. Also, Saddler - be careful what you say about the Wii. 90% of people here are Wii Fanatics. They will stick 'troll' on your forehead. *swats the wii fanboys away with his troll club* :)
1) The final version will be released late March and it will be free via the shop channel to those who have downloaded the trial one. 2) No one in here is a troll, it's just about facing the facts as they are NOW and not how they could turn out... Wii is f*cking PS3 right now... things could change, and i believe that Nintendo would be delighted to have even a second place in the VGintustry. Wii is to be accompanied by another console, not alone. I'm buying a PS3 in July NOT because of it's graphics or it's brand name... but because i want to have each and every one console... (having a 360 in a month, but i still prefer PS3 to 360) I don't hate PS3... i hate the Sony people who are full of crap. and in terms of software Wii is much better than the PS3 right now and i think it will remain it's position... Super Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Battle Revolution, SSBB, Mario Kart, a new Zelda game (is already being developed and Nintendo said that Twilight Princess was the last Zelda game as we know it... it will change it's game mechanic.) And as Square Enix said we may see Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii... but maybe not... they are not sure about the PS3... neither am i. It's a GREAT machine but it would be better if it came out during the next gen... the PS3 is lots of ages ahead and i don't think it will come first, sure better than 360 and a bit lower than Wii. Anyway the only thing i like on the PS3 is it's sequels (FFXIII to be exatc) nothing more!

I'll definitely gonna get a PS3 SOMEDAY, but the problem is that by the time the price drops enough for *me to be able to afford it, the PS4 will probably be announced already. *me = super low income

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

I'd try as many games as possible. Oh and I was at EB on Thursday, around noon, and, to my surprise, there were actually Wii units on the shelves! As a Wii owner, I thought that maybe the sales of my beloved console were slowing... BUT THEN!!! I turn my head, and the two white boxes were being rung up at two different registers. That made me realize the selling power of the Wii. The guy at EB had this to say: While the Wii may not have huge name software beyond Zelda right now, investing in one for future games is MUCH easier than investing in a PS3 for the same. I agree with him... I only recently bought an Xbox 360 Premium, because I wanted Lost Planet. I've had my Wii since launch. And, most likely, when there are God of War III, many Anime RPGs, and some killer new IPs to be had on the PS3, I'll personally own one (I get my PS3 fix at a friend's place).

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

1) The final version will be released late March and it will be free via the shop channel to those who have downloaded the trial one.
Good. That is what I thought I had heard way back when, but I was unsure due to the words 'free trial version'. Which implied that like most trial versions to get the whole enchilada you will have to buy it later. Does your Wii freeze up sometimes when on the web? Mine did in my gmail account.
While the Wii may not have huge name software beyond Zelda right now, investing in one for future games is MUCH easier than investing in a PS3 for the same.
Completely agree. I bought a 360 for my bros. because there are 4 of them and the divided costs for the 360, xtra wireless controller, 2games, and xbox live for one year was low enough per brother to justify it as an xmas present. However, now that I have a wii they have been at my house every night. They all agree they should have asked for a Wii. Ages 9,14,15,17. Wish I could've talked them into it then, could've got a lot more games. Been playing a lot of Gradius. Damn that game is hard, even with the code. I downloaded it because it was a game I never finished. Oh also read this article by Reggie on MTV. Nice words for MP3. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552624/20070215/index.jhtml