By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
At the same time though it does piss me off how many needless abortions are performed every year though.

Not sure if it's a case of education, culture or what.

I thought Freakanomics had a novel approach on the whole thing though.

the lack of real sex ed is a cause of this, zomg an 10 year old saw a penis. And learning about sex. GASP.

Thats basically how parents see it today... its rather pathetic really.

Yeah... it'd help if girls were put on birth control as soon as they hit their period too... I mean not only do they have the obvious effects they have many positive effects in helping mitigate the symptoms of a period.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
At the same time though it does piss me off how many needless abortions are performed every year though.

the lack of real sex ed is a cause of this, zomg an 10 year old saw a penis. And learning about sex. GASP.

Yeah... it'd help if girls were put on birth control as soon as they hit their period too... I mean not only do they have the obvious effects they have many positive effects in helping mitigate the symptoms of a period.

So you woud put an 8 year old on birth control? Thats right girls as young as 8, maybe younger, can have their period.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:

So you woud put an 8 year old on birth control? Thats right girls as young as 8, maybe younger, can have their period.

Why not? To my knowledge it has no negative effects and only positive ones in doing things like making cramps less sevre.

The only reason not to is the Stigma of it being called "Birth Control".

Although on another note... A lot of experts in the field of psychology think sex education should actually begin around that time.

Some even younger...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/health/newsid_7489000/7489128.stm

I forget exactly but i believe my proffesors advocated around 8-10 to start sex education training.

Me, I had sex education training in like... 5th/6th grade for the first time i think.

Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:

Why not? To my knowledge it has no negative effects and only positive ones in doing things like making cramps less sevre.

The only reason not to is the Stigma of it being called "Birth Control".

Although on another note... A lot of experts in the field of psychology think sex education should actually begin around that time.

Some even younger...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/health/newsid_7489000/7489128.stm

I forget exactly but i believe my proffesors advocated around 8-10 to start sex education training.

Me, I had sex education training in like... 5th/6th grade for the first time i think.

err. I think 4th for me.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'm glad a lot of people here are pro-choice.

And by pro-choice, you of course mean "pro-letting the kid be born then asking it if it wants to die" kind of choice right?

Right?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Like chlamydia, I'm all for removing ANY form of an STD...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

starcraft said:

And by pro-choice, you of course mean "pro-letting the kid be born then asking it if it wants to die" kind of choice right?

Right?

no, Pro-Choice means pro letting the woman who is pregnant decide wether or not she has an abortion

Pro-choice, if a woman doesn't want to have a child nobody can force her to.

You know nowadays it's quite eays to abort yourself. you can cause a spontaneous abortion by taking the Mifepristone (an abortive pill) or a pill containing Misoprostol (this component is found in drugs used to prevent stomach ulcer, most of the time you don't even need a prescription to get it. This will cause a miscarriage.

And still there are people naive enough to believe that abortion can be eradicate by outlawing it.

PS360ForTheWin said:
starcraft said:

Right?

no, Pro-Choice means pro letting the woman who is pregnant decide wether or not she has an abortion

It was a piece of witty sarcasm.............combined with what I hope was biting satire.......

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
starcraft said:

Right?

It was a piece of witty sarcasm.............combined with what I hope was biting satire.......

oh, ok, anyway atleast theres a definiton now, youd be amazed how many people ive met who didnt know what it meant