By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo has "ruined" gaming

The Wii is the second coming of the Famicon.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Wii owners will agree , 360/PS3 owners will disagree.

Good day sir.

Million said:

Good day sir.

thats because they dont like change and are not happy about having to give up one somethings for a moment to gain great things for a life time

Million said:

Good day sir.

Much like 'old school' gamers didn't initially like the NES approach (as noted in the initial post).  History repeats itself, except this time the 'old school' gamers of today still have viable systems.   

peetee said:
Your topic title contradicts your opinion!

Antithesis.  It's a rhetorical device.

Million said:
Sensible gamers will agree, 360/PS3 fanboys will disagree.

Fixed.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Nice read, I hope more people read this with an open mind...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Standing up and waving your hand at a TV screen to play a game. That does not sounds like much fun to me. I much rather play a shooter game on a HD console or PC.
But to other people including once non gamers (soccer mums, girls, grandmas and grandpas) and casuals the Wii is a breath of fresh air. It brings people to play games who like the idea of the motion control.
Each to their own opinion and tastes. A boring world it would be if we all had the same interests.

yeah that's admitting that nintendo did anything new here, which I strongly disagree with.... they used concepts more than 10 years old and packed it up in a super game cube basically.... and you have to enjoy the game library... getting the casual scene and being number one in sale, doesn't make you a good product... a top of mind brand a number one in market share maybe but that's about it.....

nintendo is good at implementing concepts, and to adapt their old IPs to it...

bugrimmar said:
but his thread title is totally opposite to what you just said

He put ruined in quotation marks. Its a good title, with a good post. Nothing more to it. Also it gets people to click it.

Nice read.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!