By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie has a lot to learn from Activision

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Bungie's lead AI programmer Damian Isla has lavished praise on Activision and Infinity Ward's hugely successful FPS, Call of Duty 4. Even going as far as to suggest Halo could learn a thing or two from Call of Duty.

"I think it's a great game and single player obviously is fantastic... they did a hell of a job with their set pieces, of scripting certain moments that they were really sure the player was going to actually see and experience first hand. The way that they use those moments to craft the player experience...Halo has a lot to learn from."

Full article here - http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-08-2008-9017.html

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

yeah well the problem with scripting though it's great the first time you play the part of the game but after it's always the same and it is repetitive...i.e. doom 3 was scripted all the way, you could play the game with no flash light at all just knowing were the monster will be

I can play the Halo 3 campaign repeatedly but I still haven't finished the COD4 campaign so that should tell you my stance.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
I can play the Halo 3 campaign repeatedly but I still haven't finished the COD4 campaign so that should tell you my stance.

COD 4 campaign on Veteran mode is really hard, near impossible. Halo 3 on Legendary without skulls is a cake walk. However Halo 3 Legendary with all skulls turned on makes it  more of a challenge than COD 4 on veteran mode.

Is this the prelude to the new ranking system for Halo 3?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

Halo is the best series in the world MUCH BETTER THAN GAYZONE 2 OR PERSISTANCE APAULING MAN 2 , LITTLE SHIT PLANNET.

YouCantStopMe said:
Halo is the best series in the world MUCH BETTER THAN GAYZONE 2 OR PERSISTANCE APAULING MAN 2 , LITTLE SHIT PLANNET.

Very well spoken.  You must be a English major.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

LOL apears that we have a comedian in the house , i would diss the shit out of you if you didn't have an XBOX sig .

Good Day.

quarashi said:
YouCantStopMe said:

Very well spoken.  You must be a English major.

I see you are banned oh well, gotta love the delusional xbox 360 fans.

Goddbless said:

360 fanboy?

(j/k)

But seriously, Halo 3's campaign was tons worse than CoD 4, good thing Halo 3's major draw isn't a story, but the multi-player.  But for non-XBL owners, the campaign does need to be overhauled.