By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who else thinks NPD will show a very different number than VGC (July)

ioi said:

Seriously guys this is silly. There are widespread shortages of the 40GB PS3 as in what is in stock is selling out and not being replenished and 80GB is arriving in limited quantities. PS3 is hard to find at the moment, online and in stores. How can you think this is something the site is making up or whatever?

Also, after shipment figures were released, we adjusted PS3 DOWN in America and Xbox360 UP - so shows how far we think NPD were off when we have been tracking higher than them for 360 and lower for PS3 anyway!

It won't suprise me in the slightest if NPD are higher than us for PS3 this month by a few thousand, doesn't mean they're right.

Exactly who says NPD is right... I find it odd that the fanboys of the system in last place for the week/month are always the ones who complain.

There's a thing in statistics, where taking a sample isn't necessarily going to be a more accurate reflection of the population (total)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
Gobias said:
Onimusha12 said:
Ah, the one thing you can always count on when Sony's numbers don't look favorable, people calling into question Vgchartz accuracy.

While I do agree with the banning of Trestres, I really can't see how they picked him over you. You're far worse.

Why? He's got a point. It's always the same people crying foul when the numbers get released. It's like a routine.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Gobias said:
Onimusha12 said:
Ah, the one thing you can always count on when Sony's numbers don't look favorable, people calling into question Vgchartz accuracy.

While I do agree with the banning of Trestres, I really can't see how they picked him over you. You're far worse.

Why? He's got a point. It's always the same people crying foul when the numbers get released. It's like a routine.

I wasn't really confining it to one post, I'm talking about his posting history, its the same anti-sony stuff all the time. His point is straight out of the fanboy lexicon, "X console owners always do x when x happens!" Blah, Blah, Blah.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

kingofwale said:
Onimusha12 said:

Is it really shocking??? After looking at what VGC reported for PS3 and xbox's number vs what NPD did for last 5 months? ;)

Not shocking, just sadly predictable. Your reputation and predisposition towards the Sony brand only makes this thread all the more dubious. But don't think I'm suggesting these comparisons shouldn't be drawn either, I just couldn't help but notice a need for comparison only occurs when things seem off for either the PSP or PS3.

Gobias said:
Onimusha12 said:

Says the person with a huge ban fee beneath thier avatar. j/k

How come VGchartz numbers and accuracy are never called into question any other time when things don't seem right for either the PSP or PS3 then?

I'm sorry if my response is less than productive or constructive for discussion here, but you'll forgive me for not passing up such a peculiar observation. If anything the only numbers that look low in the NA chartz is the Wii's.

But I digress, having made my observation I'm afraid my presence here does little else other than instigate conflict.

Wait for NPD... I think I've heard that before.

Since I don't live in America I have no idea if the ps3 is short on supply, but this site will remain a useful tool whether it is or it isn't off this month. Free, readily available world wide data > data I'll never pay to get access to. VGC has always been a broad stroke look at the market, to think it as anything else is naive. Accept the site for what it is.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Onimusha12 said:

Is it really shocking??? After looking at what VGC reported for PS3 and xbox's number vs what NPD did for last 5 months? ;)

Once again... considering the shipment numbers Sony released... yes very.  If there were source issues they'd of presented themselves elsewhere... unless like i said, these stores are sony biased and have sold a LOT of Sony product and all have sony shortages.

Personally I think it is incredibly insulting to call ioi a fanboy. He must work incredibly hard on this website and trying to get the numbers as accurate as possible. To imply that the reason he did all that work was merely to make sony look bad is ridiculous.

It's interesting how some people have shown the ps3 has supply issues (someone in this thread even did). Yet KoW still carries on. If you think the site is inaccurate KoW then simply don't come to it. Are you hoping to convince other people it is inaccurate? There is no intelligent reason to come to the website if you don't think it is right. Just wait for NPD then post on gamefaqs or something.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

I think that the main reason in creating this thread is because of the 360 price drop. If the 360 wasn't selling so good in NA because of the price drop, then it wouldve been ok because "its august, sales always drop," but because the 360 is pulling near wii levels and increasing their lead over ps3, vgchartz accuraccy is being looked over with a fine tooth comb.

Is this the same NPD when in April and May there was no shortage of people criticizing them for not being accurate because GTAIV didn't push consoles?

I wish you fanboys would make up your mind. Oh wait, you do make up your mind. Once the results are out you criticize the one that shows your favorite console in a less favorable light.

I find it funny that people who are pipping in now about the ps3 numbers were very quite when the shipment numbers came in and we could see that ps3 was a little overtracked. Where were the people then asking about the numbers lol and to say that vgcharts is pro ms after seeing the ps3 overtracked a little is silly. ioi deals with huge numbers every week in all diff countrys and does a great job in providing the numbers he does. There is a ps3 shortage that is a fact I know how wide spread it is we will have to see but if you couple that with the time of year the 360 "price cut" and ps3 better value model coming soon it all adds up to slower sales.