By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu top 10 (2/5 -2/11)

1 (PS3) Virtua Fighter 5 2 (WII) Wii Sports 3 (NDS) Pokemom Diamond&Pearl 4 (WII) Wi Play 5 (PS2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 6 (NDS) More Brain Age 7 (NDS) New Super Mario Bros. 8 (NDS) Luminous Arc 9 (NDS) Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On 10 (PS2) J-League Pro Soccer 5 http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/02/14/103,1171451422,67107,0,0.html

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

But whats this ,sales or the previsions of Famitsu or what ?

I am not sure. I cannot seem to find numbers. Some one on a Playstation forum doesn't expect VF5 to sell more than 60k. This just makes me curious about the numbers.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

To do 50k and still be at the top of the list is a sad thing.

Well ,it has only been at retail for 3 days ( and that counting that the 3 were laborable ) ....I prefer to wait to the final numbers but it isnt so bad .

Around the Network

I agree... 50k and hit the top of the list... that's rough. Go PS3! Horrible sales.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Look at the Japanese charts for last year - except for Xmas, it settles down into this pattern. The top 10 is almost entirely the perennial sellers (DS & Wii now). The levels will remain the same - for roughly every week - until the midyear (school break?). 50k is about expected - the PS3 got another 10k weekly sales from the game - not really enough. See how long it takes Sega to bring VF out to another platform now. (VF will be out of the top 10 next week...). In other news, Wii Sports hits a million - with Wii Play at 900k. Not bad for 2 months of sales. Can anyone confirm if the DS is *still* selling out in Japan? (say it isn't so...). 160k/week comes to about another 8mill for the year. At this rate, the DS will overtake the PS2 install base in Japan by the end of the year - in half the time.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well DS sales have now gone past legend:

Nice graph ;) That's actually quite scary... The DS has done 3/4 of the total PS2 sales - in close to 1/3rd the selling period. Since week #50 (release of the DSLite?) its sold 11million units in about 65 weeks. Wow! (and that averages out to be 170k/week - exactly the sales level for the last week!). Its also cute seeing the "Xmas-bumps" for the PS2 - like growth rings in the bark of a tree.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099