By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - $199, would you get one?

No. But it would be a boost for MSFT as they are making like 50 bucks a console.

Around the Network

if i didnt have a ps3 and a wii and a pc then yes. but i do have those so pretty all 360 games come to pc (except ng2 and castle crashers which i hope do).

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

No. If I'm spending $200 I might as well spend an extra $100 for the hard drive. Heck, if I'm buying an XBox I'm gonna go with the one with the largest harddrive, regardless of the cost.

$200 represents a great value as a purely video game console, but I'm not in it for the games.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Dodece said:
To the Sony Defense Force trolls you are going to fail. No matter how much crazy bullshit you spread it is not going to stick. Gamers can do the math, and the intelligent posters on these forums know the deal. You can create as many alternate accounts as you like. That is not going to change a thing. For the sake of your own well being if this is eating you alive its time for you to stop gaming for a while. Stooping this low means you have lost all sense of rationality. We are talking about machines, and you are all piss poor imitations of spooks.

Even if their misinformation campaign works it means nothing since forums are not the mass market. Unfortunately for the SDF, the 360 is going to sell a shit-ton this Fall, and has a very good chance of outselling the PS3 during the holiday season.

$199 is a decent price for sure...considering the PSP bundles go for about the same price...which would you prefer?

if i had $200 laying around, i would pick one up.

i really think it makes the psp seem expensive.

Around the Network
freebird4 said:
Dodece said:
To the Sony Defense Force trolls you are going to fail. No matter how much crazy bullshit you spread it is not going to stick. Gamers can do the math, and the intelligent posters on these forums know the deal. You can create as many alternate accounts as you like. That is not going to change a thing. For the sake of your own well being if this is eating you alive its time for you to stop gaming for a while. Stooping this low means you have lost all sense of rationality. We are talking about machines, and you are all piss poor imitations of spooks.

Even if their misinformation campaign works it means nothing since forums are not the mass market. Unfortunately for the SDF, the 360 is going to sell a shit-ton this Fall, and has a very good chance of outselling the PS3 during the holiday season.

please fail more.  1) worldwide the ps3 should sell more than 360 this holiday season  2)you fail for thinking sdf is protecting sony  3)you fail for thinking sdf is protecting sony

most importantly: you fail for thinking sdf is protecting sony

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Squilliam said:
slimeattack said:
It's not $200 but $200+$45 (wifi)+$100 (HDD) +$120 (3 years of live)=$465. And that doesn't even have blu-ray.

And the PS3 is $400+$1000 for 100 blu ray movies (extra cost $10 per disk) = $1400

PS3 costs $1400

Xbox360 costs $465

OMG PS3 such a ripoff! :( Gotta sell mine now before it costs me too much)

Lol epic fail comparison. Your stupid PS3 comparison is FAIL.

Slimeattack perfectly outlined why im not buying a 360.

Squilliam said:
fjburgos said:

No stilll a rip off, you need to upgrade the hard drive eventually and thats a wooping 100 bucks for xbox live 50 bucks more, wow more expensive than a ps3. no way only suckers buy this console sorry for the guys who got upset, but is a reallity. those things are ecentially because is now a requierement to buy a hard drive, and xbox live. andd if you need wifi well more of a rip off.

Bolded = wrong.

Agreed. And I bought my 360 for 400, and I would absolutely get it again.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

You nailed it right on the head dodece, it's reminding me of when Final Fantasy XIII was announced for the 360. Why can't people just be happy that they have another cheap alternative to playing great games? I know that if the PS3 was $200 I would go out and buy it in a second, as it is right now it's just not worth it to me.

To answer slimeattack and all the other trolls:

The 20g HDD has been reduced to $50 and a HDD is not required to play any 360 game, the 360 comes with a 20ft Ethernet cable and if you really need wireless the price has been dropped in many retailers to $45. Every service available on xbox live is available for free to silver members except for playing against other people and in terms of movies 360 is getting netflix, need I say more?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I had 2 I wont settle for another one...