By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Sony PS3 2.43 update needed to fix 2.42 firmware"...

Just read some interesting news on another site on Sony's latest 2.42 firmware and that it potentially still has numerous serious problems that could essentially turn your gaming experience into a horrible nightmare...

Just when things are starting to look bad for Sony, more problems start coming out of the wood work. With firmware version 2.42 released specifically to correct a similar set of problems with firmware version 2.40, you have to wonder if Sony really knows what their doing anymore!

"It looks like we will need the Sony PS3 2.43 update much sooner than later as it’s needed to fix the 2.42 firmware. We are getting numerous reports that the latest Playstation 2.42 firmware is causing problems for users.

Personally our PS3 is just fine but then we have not had much time with it since the latest firmware. This is what some gamers have reported to PR"

"Well this is totally Effed Up!!! My son decided that it would be a good idea to update the PS3 and he did 2 nights ago without me knowing it. Well now ANYTHING BLURAY does NOT play. NOTHING!!! Doesn’t even recognize the DAMN Disk!!! Is there anything I can do???"

"Installed this newest update and now nothing works, can not read disks at all. We have done the system restore, etc. now have to wait while it gets shipped to Sony to fix it. Very upsetting, fairly new PS3 (5 months) in excellent condition and was working perfectly prior to update. Extremely frustrating.2

"Yeah, downloaded it earlier and now I can’t stay connected to a single online game."

"Downloaded the update and all my saves on cod 4 single player have gone and when I name my perks online as soon as I switch my PS3 off they disappear and have to name them again."

Source http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/08/03/sony-ps3-243-update-needed-to-fix-242-firmware/

Around the Network

Thank goodness someone took up the mantle of finding all the Anti Sony articles they could. We've been lacking for a while.

@ Burgles

So why exactly do you care about ps3 firmware updates?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Yeah that's normal practice :P Anytime ANYONE releases a major update, I'm used to seeing many patches afterward's to iron out the kinks, if you've ever played an MMO you understand :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Pristine20 said:
@ Burgles

Just reporting the news to my fellow VGchartz gamers.

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
Yeah that's normal practice :P Anytime ANYONE releases a major update, I'm used to seeing many patches afterward's to iron out the kinks, if you've ever played an MMO you understand :D

True but the PS3 firmware isn't an MMORPG, if there were as many bugs in the PS3 firmware as there are in Age of Conan then I don't think it would be much fun!

yeah seen that story alright I think it,s just an update thing though.

Pristine20 said:
@ Burgles

Because he wants it to be known that he is Anti-PS3 in every thread/post he makes. Look up his post history, it's fairly obvious. Look at VGChartz, there are alot of PS3 owners and im pretty sure that if someone had a problem with 2.42, they wouldve made a thread about it. That leads me to 2 theories, 1, the 2.42 problems are not that widespread (this is the first time i've heard of it) and 2, he just wants to post the negative info on the PS3, "Just reporting the news to my fellow VGchartz gamers" my ass.

You know, your sig says "ex-troll," but that couldn't be any further from the truth. We get it, you are anti-PS3, but your trolling accomplishes nothing. Its not like you are convincing people to buy 360s and Wiis, and you certainly aren't changing our minds about the purchases we have made. The only thing you succeed in is making yourself look like an ass.

BTW, that's a great prettyboy avatar you got there. I bet all the guys go wild for a "sweet boy" like you.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I have had no problems with it, or the other firmwares. Also why bring this up now?